Dolphin Browser Update

BlueBus

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with the update released today? FC every time I try to open. Been flawless till now for me. :mad:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't used Dolphin for a very long time....

Why don't you just use the stock browser with multi-touch from the Milestone? It is SO smooth with absolutely NO lagging whatsoever

shugknight

Reaction score
did you follow the instructions by the developer?

Don't update. You must uninstall, then install a fresh new copy.

griz8791

Reaction score
I followed the directions to uninstall/reinstall and have no issues with forced closes.

I do have issues with finding the stuff I need and figuring out how to do what I need to do. I know this app has been the target of some very intense criticism over the last couple of weeks, and it appears the developer issued this update at least in part in response to that criticism. Unfortunately, I liked the UI that others were complaining about. I would have preferred the developer stay the course, but looks like it's too late for that now and I will have to adapt.

I'm surprised that nobody ever talks about the gesture interface in this app. Does the stock browser have gesture support? Does xScope? It seems like the gesture interface tends to get lost in the heated arguments about pinch zoom.

griz8791

Reaction score
It's a shame really. I knew that a lot of the recent criticism, much of which was pretty scathing, was unjustified, but I didn't speak up in defense of the developer. Now stuff has been moved all around and I'm having a hard time figuring out a consistently reliable and repeatable way of getting to my bookmarks. Just goes to show that if you don't speak up when people are unfairly beating up on a developer, you may find the app changed for the worse.

OP
BlueBus

BlueBus

Reaction score
Griz, thanks. I simply updated without reading into it. I agree completely with your gestures comment. I also liked the interface and so far am disappointed with the update, especially since I lost my bookmarks. But then again its only been a few minutes since I got it working and its still better than the stock browser.

griz8791

Reaction score
Do you mean eliminate it as in wipe it off the device, or eliminate it as in undermining the demand for Dolphin by providing pinch zoom in the stock browser?

ytwokc5

Reaction score
uninstalled reinstalled. only get an fc when I hit my newspaper m.timesunion.com . maybe some of you who uninstalled and reinstalled can hit that site without an fc?

griz8791

Reaction score
uninstalled reinstalled. only get an fc when I hit my newspaper m.timesunion.com . maybe some of you who uninstalled and reinstalled can hit that site without an fc?

It loads the page and I see it for maybe a second, then dumps me back out to my home screen.

dtartini

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with it automatically zooming way out on its own? I had this problem both before and after the update.

And sometimes when I open it after just using it, it navigates back to the previous page. Is anyone else having these issues?

Last edited:

rjm5151

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with it automatically zooming way out on its own? I had this problem both before and after the update.

And sometimes when I open it after just using it, it navigates back to the previous page. Is anyone else having these issues?

had this issue with the pinch zoom where it would auto re size to the smallest basically making pinch zoom worthless other times it was work. It just forced me to use the stock browser as it is so much smoother. I have ended up going back to most stock apps for stuff though because it seems to just run so much smoother.

dtartini

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to start using the stock browser. The only thing that I liked more about dolphin is how easy it is to switch between tabs. Plus I think dolphin is faster but its not worth the bugs.