do you think anyone will...

General_Lee86

Reaction score
Ever be able to get windows 95 to run on the motorola droid, I think this would be really cool if someone could do it or even have it as an application would be awesome! What do you think?

OP
General_Lee86

General_Lee86

Reaction score
That's what I thought to and think it would be really cool. I am not a developer but hope to find out how to create for it someday! I do hope someone or me does this.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Why would this be cool, other than I guess just being able to say you have it??

SteveC

Reaction score
If you want Windows, why do you even have a Driod? There are lots of Windows Mobile phones. One of the BIG reasons I got the Droid in the first place was to get the heck as far away from Microsoft Windows as I could get. The Android OS is a vast improvement as far as I can see. The Droid does things you only dream of with windows.

But if it interests you and if you have some capability to do it, go for it. That is an app that will never touch my phone. Good luck.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Not that I am for this in any way but why would you just try loading up a copy and see if it works. The droids specs can more than handle win95.

D

droidavie

Ever be able to get windows 95 to run on the motorola droid, I think this would be really cool if someone could do it or even have it as an application would be awesome! What do you think?

I hope not, lol. But why not, droid does windows?

M

Matth3w

Most likely it wouldn't work. The Android specs can run it, sure, but how is Windows going to interface with all of the various devices, like BT, WiFi, sound, etc. I highly doubt those things are going to work.

And why would you want to, anyhow? Win95 was terrible. If you want to use your phone as a BSOD paperweight, sounds like a good idea.

synthetek

Reaction score
Sombody got OSX running on a Nokia N900 (only takes 2 hrs to boot to the desktop) and Win 98 and 3.1 too :rofl3: So the droid could probably do it too.

ShowTime

Reaction score
It's a very novel idea and sorta cool in the sense of "look what else I can do with my phone that others can't" (assuming it could even be done). But as far as functionality and usefulness go, maybe not so much. But keep thinking outside the box like that. Never know when you'll hit on a superb idea.