do you think anyone will...

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Blue Screen is a horrible thing to do to a Droid. But if they can get Android running on an old HTC Kaiser...

Purgatory

Reaction score
Nah, we don't need windows for our machines, we need dosbox, would be nice to play some of those old dos games like syndicate wars (haven't played that in at least 12 years

viper1549

Reaction score
dude, just go buy phone to pc for 10 bucks and call it a day, it will NEVER happen.

Purgatory

Reaction score
dude, just go buy phone to pc for 10 bucks and call it a day, it will NEVER happen.

How does this have anything to do with dosbox since I can only assume you are talking about phonemypc? I don't actually believe they will be able to do it, but I might take a look at trying to.

viper1549

Reaction score

How does this have anything to do with dosbox since I can only assume you are talking about phonemypc? I don't actually believe they will be able to do it, but I might take a look at trying to.

Nothing my friend, which is why I didn't quote ur statment.. it was directed at the thread starter and ya phone my pc is what I meant lol..

Don't know a thing about dosbox :p

jimnutt

Reaction score
Given that they have completely different processor architectures (ARM vs x86), the only way to run win95 would be something like QEMU, which is basically MAME for computers. It might even run acceptably fast. But I'm with the "Why????" people.

Purgatory

Reaction score
Nothing my friend, which is why I didn't quote ur statment.. it was directed at the thread starter and ya phone my pc is what I meant lol..

Don't know a thing about dosbox :p

Sorry, I got very confused, and then my son had to be brought all of a sudden to the hospital... on his now fifth birthday, been quite a day as he has had his day last for a whole 19 hours today. And to continue this thread, Why win 95? Why not even say 98 or 2K? Even so, this is linux, so no, windows is a bad no no. Dosbox however, is a possibility if someone took the time and wanted get us a great working dos emulator, since it works with some versions of linux already.

"hint hint, wink wink, know what I mean? Say no more"

Reaction score
When my little brother would piss me off i used to say you remind me of a windows 95 dumb and slow lmao. so i dont want to contridict and put that on my phone.

clunker

Reaction score
I don't think the OP wants windows per se, its more about what would be a wildly effective demonstration that the Droid can do anything. Cognitive dissonance my friends, the healthiest of the mind altering drugs!

M

Matth3w

I don't think the OP wants windows per se, its more about what would be a wildly effective demonstration that the Droid can do anything. Cognitive dissonance my friends, the healthiest of the mind altering drugs!
Except that there is just above a 0% chance it would actually be able to do it. Not because it doesn't have the processing capabilities, but because the damn thing is not meant to run Windows. Hell computers MEANT to run Windows couldn't run W95 because that OS was a POS.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
As long as we are dreaming, I want Norton Commander.

Edit: And the ability to play old versions of Leisure Suit Larry and Police Quest.