Diamond Wireless ???

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by GTB323, Dec 17, 2009.

1. GTB323

GTB323 New Member

I bought my droid from a diamond wireless kiosk in the mall cause it was cheaper then at the VZW store. From what I have been hearing Best Buy will price match and that their customer service is awesome. Do you think it would be worth it to return my Droid before the 30 days to Diamond and get it through Best Buy? Anyone have any experience with Diamond?
  2. Stigy

Stigy New Member

How much are you saving?

From what I read, returning a phone to one of those stands in the mall can be a lot more hassle than its worth and you sometimes even get hit with fees which would make this seem silly.
  3. GTB323

GTB323 New Member

Thats why I was thinking of going with best buy. I would only be saving $20 which is not the main reason. Considering the Droid is the first of its kind im sure the chances of having issues that need returning are pretty high so it would be a lot less stressful knowing I have some good customer service backing the phone. Plus their insurance requires a $75 deductable
  4. GTB323

GTB323 New Member

anyone else with experience from Diamond Wireless?
  5. GenkiElite

GenkiElite New Member

Never heard of them. I personally dont trust any third party retailers though. Ive hear too many horror stories about warranty issues and people given the runaround only to have to intimately get serviced at a VZW store.
  6. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Most of the time for Best Buy to price match they also need a flyer or something to make sure your not full of crap too.
  7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

But having issues with a phone is covered by the 1 year manufacture warranty, Which Motorola stands behind...

You jacking the phone, dropping it, water damage is covered by insurance.....
  8. xxjdmcivicek9xx

xxjdmcivicek9xx New Member

mine came from best buy and when i was having problems with the phone constantly resetting i took it in and they exchanged it no questions asked on the spot for a new one.id say they have great customer service.
  9. GTB323

GTB323 New Member

Yeah I will probably get it through best buy. dell has it advertised on their website for $119
  10. Deverall

Deverall New Member

3rd Party Dealer Locations

Something that you need to realize is that Diamond wireless is a 3rd party Verizon Wireless Dealer. They basically just sell phones for Verizon. They pay full price for the phones and sell them at a discount because they make the commission from Verizon. Best Buy is the exact same thing. They do not warranty the handsets, Verizon does. Each of these locations are required to exchange/return the handset for a minimum of 30 days, after that everything else (Insurance Claims, Warranty Replacements, etc.) needs to be done through a Verizon Corporate Location. Best Buy and locations such as Diamond Wireless will not warranty or complete insurance claims for you, regardless of where you buy your phone. So it doesn't really where you buy your phone you are still going to have to pay a deductible ($75) for an insurance replacement (if the need be) just like you would with car insurance.

It is not worth the hassle to take it from one 3rd part dealer to another, because each of these locations have the same rules that apply when they sell these phones for Verizon.
  11. calpilot7

calpilot7 New Member

If your budget is so tight that you are worried about 20.00 bucks then you should probably be saving your nickels and not buying a phone like the Droid. Many folks of limited means really do not need a smart phone and would be better served by a regular flip style.
  12. GTB323

GTB323 New Member

Calpilot7 - If you read the thread you would have seen that I'm not doing it for the $20 so do your research before you post
  13. Diamond Wireless

Diamond Wireless New Member

Diamond Wireless Store Manager

I work for Diamond Wireless as a Store Manager in San Jose, CA. Just like all retailers there are different levels of customer service. Not all retail stores will have the best service, and if you're looking for answers to 100% of your questions you won't even find that type of service through customer care! Personally, at our company, we do our best to match pricing, beat pricing, while offering excellent customer service. To be honest, you could get exceptional pricing from Best Buy and Target that "Out the door" you'd essentially pay less. However, on certain occasions Diamond Wireless is able to go even lower than free! How you say? Simple, we can discount some phones to "Free out the door" and still give you a rebate. While at Target or Best Buy the rebates are not given to the customer. As far as waiving activation fees, we can do that as well. Sometimes we can do it off your bill, or if anything we can outweigh it vs. the phone pricing. We also try our best to give our customers the best customer service possible. Our insurance program (DWP) gives a lower deductible for most phones, and provide a BRAND NEW phone on the spot (if in stock) or next day. We transfer contacts for you, switch the phone onto your account, and handle the whole claim process if needed. As far as service goes, we do our best to stand out from other retailers who overcharge for phones, or stray away from any type of customer service issues. If you ever run into an issue with a store, feel free to message me here! And, we can make sure the situation is addressed promptly! ;) Happy shopping and hope you choose us for your wireless needs!

Sorry for reviving, had to back my company up!
  14. 69copo

69copo New Member

I'm glad that you are proud of the company you work and stand up for them.
    But I never buy anything other than accessories from third party stores. Sorry guy but I'll only use a corporate store.
  15. Diamond Wireless

Diamond Wireless New Member

Corporate stores are great as well. We do have some excellent alternatives to accessories. To each his own! ;D
  16. Satincat

Satincat New Member

RE: Diamond Wireless

I have been using them for two years, and have had no problems whatsoever. They gave me an excellent deal on my upgrade-better than what Verizon itself would give me. I think I paid $20.00 for the new phone. The representative was extremely knowledgable.However, I just signed up for their wireless protection last month, and have had no need to file a claim, so I can't comment on that.
  17. Satincat

Satincat New Member

RE: Diamond Wireless

I have been using them for 2 years, and have had no problems whatsoever. They gave me a better deal on my upgrade than Verizon itself would give me. I think the new phone cost me $20.00. The representative was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. However, I've only had the wireless protection plan for a month, and haven't had to file a claim yet, so I can't comment on that.
  18. dgware

dgware New Member

I bought 2 Droid Xs from diamond at my local mall, the customer service was EXCELLENT, way better than Verizon. I paid 200 (minus $100 mail in rebate) for the first and the second was free. I also bought the diamond insurance. Haven't had to use it yet.

After telling my friend about it, he went and upgraded to 2 Droid Xs, himself and wife.
    He also bought the insurance.

His phone was stolen 2 weeks ago, he filed a police report and took it to the Diamond wireless store, paid the $75 deductible and got a brand new phone the same day.

I have since referred 4 other people to diamond and they all are very happy with the service.

The store is in Los Angeles, CA (Fox Hills Mall) and I usually speak to the manager there. Truly great customer service.
  19. Matthewc

Matthewc New Member

I appreciate your input, and while it may speak highly about your store, I don't think it's representative of your company as a whole. In fact, I have had the complete opposite experience at a Diamond Wireless store in Mission Viejo.

I purchased a phone in November and last week the display went out. So I went to the Verizon store and they said that there is nothing they can do because it was not purchased at a corporate store and since the new phone I was sold was actually a used phone (I was actually the 3rd owner) it was not covered under waranty.

I go back to Diamond and ask them why they sold me a used phone as new and to get a new phone. They claim that as long as phone is returned in like new condition with the original box they can resell the phone as new. Of course they also collected a $35 restock fee from the 2 other chumps who had the phone before me. After much discussion they would only agree to replace it with a refurbished phone which took 2 days to receive. The replacement phone was bunk so now I am waiting on another replacement phone.

In the end they got to sell me a used phone for probably twice the amount they would have been able to sell the phone normally. Plus they got $70 from restocking fees plus the "new every 2" credit they stole from me. If they do this scam a few times it's easy to see how they can claim to be better than Best Buy's prices.

20. polaris310

polaris310 New Member

Gtb323

I saw the words "Diamond Wireless" and shuddered.The Moreno Valley Mall STORE & KIOSK. That company has given me the WORST experience in my life. The spinal tap I had a few years ago was more pleasant. They have the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service I have ever seen. Not only will they LIE straght to your face but they will charge you a $35 restocking fee to return the phone they LIED to you about. Then when you call their 1-800 customer service line, you will quickly learn that their philosophy is "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRONG" GOOD LUCK, thats all I can say. in fact it was so bad I even dropped Verizon.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
Search tags for this page
cancel diamond wireless insurance
diamond cell phone insurance
diamond insurance for verizon

diamond wireless

diamond wireless 1014

diamond wireless insurance

diamond wireless insurance cancel
diamond wireless protection
diamond wireless scam
how to cancel diamond wireless insurance