Diamond Wireless ???

GTB323

Reaction score
I bought my droid from a diamond wireless kiosk in the mall cause it was cheaper then at the VZW store. From what I have been hearing Best Buy will price match and that their customer service is awesome. Do you think it would be worth it to return my Droid before the 30 days to Diamond and get it through Best Buy? Anyone have any experience with Diamond?

Stigy

Reaction score
How much are you saving?

From what I read, returning a phone to one of those stands in the mall can be a lot more hassle than its worth and you sometimes even get hit with fees which would make this seem silly.

OP
G

GTB323

Reaction score
Thats why I was thinking of going with best buy. I would only be saving $20 which is not the main reason. Considering the Droid is the first of its kind im sure the chances of having issues that need returning are pretty high so it would be a lot less stressful knowing I have some good customer service backing the phone. Plus their insurance requires a $75 deductable

OP
G

GTB323

Reaction score
anyone else with experience from Diamond Wireless?

GenkiElite

Reaction score
Never heard of them. I personally dont trust any third party retailers though. Ive hear too many horror stories about warranty issues and people given the runaround only to have to intimately get serviced at a VZW store.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most of the time for Best Buy to price match they also need a flyer or something to make sure your not full of crap too.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thats why I was thinking of going with best buy. I would only be saving $20 which is not the main reason. Considering the Droid is the first of its kind im sure the chances of having issues that need returning are pretty high so it would be a lot less stressful knowing I have some good customer service backing the phone. Plus their insurance requires a $75 deductable

But having issues with a phone is covered by the 1 year manufacture warranty, Which Motorola stands behind...

You jacking the phone, dropping it, water damage is covered by insurance.....

Reaction score
mine came from best buy and when i was having problems with the phone constantly resetting i took it in and they exchanged it no questions asked on the spot for a new one.id say they have great customer service.

OP
G

GTB323

Reaction score
Yeah I will probably get it through best buy. dell has it advertised on their website for $119

Deverall

Reaction score
3rd Party Dealer Locations

Something that you need to realize is that Diamond wireless is a 3rd party Verizon Wireless Dealer. They basically just sell phones for Verizon. They pay full price for the phones and sell them at a discount because they make the commission from Verizon. Best Buy is the exact same thing. They do not warranty the handsets, Verizon does. Each of these locations are required to exchange/return the handset for a minimum of 30 days, after that everything else (Insurance Claims, Warranty Replacements, etc.) needs to be done through a Verizon Corporate Location. Best Buy and locations such as Diamond Wireless will not warranty or complete insurance claims for you, regardless of where you buy your phone. So it doesn't really where you buy your phone you are still going to have to pay a deductible ($75) for an insurance replacement (if the need be) just like you would with car insurance.

It is not worth the hassle to take it from one 3rd part dealer to another, because each of these locations have the same rules that apply when they sell these phones for Verizon.

calpilot7

Reaction score
If your budget is so tight that you are worried about 20.00 bucks then you should probably be saving your nickels and not buying a phone like the Droid. Many folks of limited means really do not need a smart phone and would be better served by a regular flip style.

OP
G

GTB323

Reaction score
Calpilot7 - If you read the thread you would have seen that I'm not doing it for the $20 so do your research before you post

Diamond Wireless

Reaction score
Diamond Wireless Store Manager

I work for Diamond Wireless as a Store Manager in San Jose, CA. Just like all retailers there are different levels of customer service. Not all retail stores will have the best service, and if you're looking for answers to 100% of your questions you won't even find that type of service through customer care! Personally, at our company, we do our best to match pricing, beat pricing, while offering excellent customer service. To be honest, you could get exceptional pricing from Best Buy and Target that "Out the door" you'd essentially pay less. However, on certain occasions Diamond Wireless is able to go even lower than free! How you say? Simple, we can discount some phones to "Free out the door" and still give you a rebate. While at Target or Best Buy the rebates are not given to the customer. As far as waiving activation fees, we can do that as well. Sometimes we can do it off your bill, or if anything we can outweigh it vs. the phone pricing. We also try our best to give our customers the best customer service possible. Our insurance program (DWP) gives a lower deductible for most phones, and provide a BRAND NEW phone on the spot (if in stock) or next day. We transfer contacts for you, switch the phone onto your account, and handle the whole claim process if needed. As far as service goes, we do our best to stand out from other retailers who overcharge for phones, or stray away from any type of customer service issues. If you ever run into an issue with a store, feel free to message me here! And, we can make sure the situation is addressed promptly! ;) Happy shopping and hope you choose us for your wireless needs!

Sorry for reviving, had to back my company up!

69copo

Reaction score
I'm glad that you are proud of the company you work and stand up for them.
But I never buy anything other than accessories from third party stores. Sorry guy but I'll only use a corporate store.

Diamond Wireless

Reaction score
I'm glad that you are proud of the company you work and stand up for them.
But I never buy anything other than accessories from third party stores. Sorry guy but I'll only use a corporate store.
Corporate stores are great as well. We do have some excellent alternatives to accessories. To each his own! ;D