Do we need to un-root for the upcomming 6.12.174 update? Preparation Steps?

Boriquaman

Reaction score
Question...

my Razr came preploaded with
6.11.784.xt912

So once I flash, i need to do an OTA to get back to this version?

aktrazer

Reaction score
Nope. Thats the current version I believe. At least after I punched through the OTA that's the version I'm running now. The fastboot is an earlier version so one you flash it youll update to that version.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

aktrazer

Reaction score
Excellent. You should be good to go. As stated earlier, it takes 15-20 mins from start to finish so be patient with it and let us know how it goes!

aktrazer

Reaction score
I just did "Uninstall Recovery" so it doesn't try to boot into it. Then you'll have to unroot the phone then flash the fastboot file. It may be fine to do it that way (leaving safestrap), but I took extra care and was able to fastboot 2 times with no problems.

Boriquaman

Reaction score
I just did "Uninstall Recovery" so it doesn't try to boot into it. Then you'll have to unroot the phone then flash the fastboot file. It may be fine to do it that way (leaving safestrap), but I took extra care and was able to fastboot 2 times with no problems.

re
moved safestrap.. so now I unroot ? then flash? just making sure.. I don't want a brick on my hands..

aktrazer

Reaction score
Lol. The fastboot file won't brick ya, its what you use when it does brick! Remove safestrap (after uninstalling recovery), unroot, follow the video once you have everything you need. Takes a while but it worked great for me!

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I'm guessing that using TiBu feature to integration update into ROM means I'll have to fast boot and restore data via CWM once updates are done, but not before making a stock backup for the next update so's to avoid this again.1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Boriquaman

Reaction score
Just got home.. I removed safestrap, about to unroot.. then I will flash... Will keep you posted..