Do we need to un-root for the upcomming 6.12.174 update? Preparation Steps?

Boriquaman

Reaction score
unrooted and doing a data factory resent.... next is the flashing part.. wish me luck!

Boriquaman

Reaction score
RSD uncrompress gave me a unzip error.. downloading file again....

i'll be back in a few .. (crossing fingers )

Boriquaman

Reaction score
ok, i dL the file.. thats good.. i click start and it RSD tells me fastboot fail to load.

Help!?

is there a setting I'm missing. I followed it to the T..

Boriquaman

Reaction score
I can only get RSD light to connect to my Razr when i fully boot up.. not in AP Fastboot. I restarted, turned the phone off and on.. unplugged USb , reinstalled Moto USB drivers.. etc..

Dunno what to do..

It only sees it when I connect the Razr when it's turned on fully.. Anyone have this issue? workaround?

Reaction score
I can only get RSD light to connect to my Razr when i fully boot up.. not in AP Fastboot. I restarted, turned the phone off and on.. unplugged USb , reinstalled Moto USB drivers.. etc..

Dunno what to do..

It only sees it when I connect the Razr when it's turned on fully.. Anyone have this issue? workaround?

Off the top of my head the first thing is the battery. Ship you have plenty of juice? If the battery is not at least 50 or 60% (I recommend full charge to be safe), it will not communicate with rsd in fast boot mode because the phone recognizes that you do not have enough battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
I noticed that nobody had mentioned this yet but the ota is 6.12.173 .

174 is a follow up that had been leaked but will not be released publicly until the end of February or early March.

Also, madden, golf, blockbuster can be removed and do not need to be on your phone. If you only removed those files, you can still update and do not need to fastboot back to 744.

Last edited:

Boriquaman

Reaction score
Off the top of my head the first thing is the battery. Ship you have plenty of juice? If the battery is not at least 50 or 60% (I recommend full charge to be safe), it will not communicate with rsd in fast boot mode because the phone recognizes that you do not have enough battery.

100% charged

aktrazer

Reaction score
I did your process after I fastbooted and it worked without any problems. He had originally just wanted to reload the bloatware so there wouldnt be any problems. It seems if he hasnt fastbooted yet to just root, then follow your instructions.