preparing for ICS update

madmanx

Reaction score
Excuse my n00bness. As I prepare for the alleged ICS OTA update, what should I do to my rooted Razr? The last OTA I lost root (to excited to get the update to properly prepare). If I am reading the forum correctly, there is a way to retain root status, or re-establish root status after the update. How does one do this?

Chukee

Reaction score
Deny the update till one of the devs get a hold of it. If its like previous updates it more than likely will un root you. Not sure the same technique you did to root gb will work the same on ics. Let the devs work on it first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
Use Voodoo OTA rootkeeper to make a backup, and then use the Temp. Unroot option just before installing the OTA. After installing, try and restore root with the app. There's a good chance it will work, if not there is a method of manually restoring root floating around droidrzr.com

Sent from my Droid RAZR (Stock Rooted 4.0.3 ICS) using Tapatalk 2 beta 5

T

TheAlpha

Excuse my n00bness. As I prepare for the alleged ICS OTA update, what should I do to my rooted Razr? The last OTA I lost root (to excited to get the update to properly prepare). If I am reading the forum correctly, there is a way to retain root status, or re-establish root status after the update. How does one do this?
Unroot it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Concistency

Reaction score
Do a full RSD (fastboot), and get complete stock. Although, ICS isn't coming out now, the soak test wasn't even ICS, but just for future reference. I always do a full wipe so I'm sure I'm on complete stock. You can then root, install Rootkeeper and back it up. I do this so I know I have all the bloatware, nothing frozen, etc. I hate running into update errors, lol.