dissapointed of samsumg fascinate

jchavez

Reaction score
Hi people, I just wanted to share my experience with the samsung fascinate, first of all I have to say I loveed my motorola droid, costumized it like crazy, added froyo to it, and never had a problem with it, but it was a bit slow, so when I started to hear about the samsung galaxy phone I got very interested in it, so I got it, and to be honest, I dont like it, there is no led notification, that means that if I get an email or an sms, I will not know until I turn my phone back from sleep, the call quality is terrible, I could not find an app to use the flash as a flash light, I need that a lot, the youtube video quality is horrible, unless you choose to play them in high quality, the amount of ram is very small compared to the droid x, so, I am returning it and getting the droid X

Signum

Reaction score
I
Hi people, I just wanted to share my experience with the samsung fascinate, first of all I have to say I loveed my motorola droid, costumized it like crazy, added froyo to it, and never had a problem with it, but it was a bit slow, so when I started to hear about the samsung galaxy phone I got very interested in it, so I got it, and to be honest, I dont like it, there is no led notification, that means that if I get an email or an sms, I will not know until I turn my phone back from sleep, the call quality is terrible, I could not find an app to use the flash as a flash light, I need that a lot, the youtube video quality is horrible, unless you choose to play them in high quality, the amount of ram is very small compared to the droid x, so, I am returning it and getting the droid X

Everything you said can be fixed by either rooting the phone or waiting for 2.2 to hit

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait a second. The Fascinate doesn't have 2.2? I thought it did.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, it isn't the OP's review it would be no 2.2. I'm astounded, D2 is the only one that shipped with Froyo! Runs so good on the D2. Glad I went that way.

tonamaste

Reaction score
I know waiting is so like 5 minutes ago but we made it this far! I too just pawned off my Droid1 and jumped on the fascinate souly based on the hardware and completely trusting in our army of open platformed Droid Warriors to hack through that mess in no time! We were rooted under 24 hours, and have already begun successful experiments and conversions WHILE STILL USING android 2.1! Sure it totally sucks *** about how we got bigRed Binged, but we'll bong them back and make them Blue!!! My guess is this batch got pushed through too quick so greater efforts can be regained against the new IPhone... DROID will prevail!!!! Even if 2.2 doesnt get released, you know some amazing roms of the like will be out in NO TIME!:blackdroid:

stevonyc35

Reaction score

doesn't the fascinate, droix X and droid 2 all have 512 mb of ram??

Last edited:

Signum

Reaction score
Well, it isn't the OP's review it would be no 2.2. I'm astounded, D2 is the only one that shipped with Froyo! Runs so good on the D2. Glad I went that way.

61cfaaf7-cc36-dd7b.jpg

Even with froyo your phone won't touch those scores lol

OP
jchavez

jchavez

Reaction score
I found guides to rooting, but all are specific to other samsung models, I dont want to risk it doing it in the fascinate, I tried yesterday to root it and I could not reboot it to recovery mode

Signum

Reaction score
I found guides to rooting, but all are specific to other samsung models, I dont want to risk it doing it in the fascinate, I tried yesterday to root it and I could not reboot it to recovery mode

There is a post on xda that gives you simple step by step instructions on how to root it. I did it from my mac and had the phone rooted in less than 20 minutes and lag fixed in another 5

tonamaste

Reaction score
so Signum what is YOUR device that is scoring so high on the graph? an incredible or a Fascinate im confused...