dissapointed of samsumg fascinate

jrl9851

Reaction score
How are you guys scoring above 2k?? I only have been able to score 1651.

Those are screenshots from the old lagfix....the one that doesn't really do anything except make your scores high.

1600-1700's are where you should be with the "real" voodoo lagfix

droid8888

Reaction score
Hi people, I just wanted to share my experience with the samsung fascinate, first of all I have to say I loveed my motorola droid, costumized it like crazy, added froyo to it, and never had a problem with it, but it was a bit slow, so when I started to hear about the samsung galaxy phone I got very interested in it, so I got it, and to be honest, I dont like it, there is no led notification, that means that if I get an email or an sms, I will not know until I turn my phone back from sleep, the call quality is terrible, I could not find an app to use the flash as a flash light, I need that a lot, the youtube video quality is horrible, unless you choose to play them in high quality, the amount of ram is very small compared to the droid x, so, I am returning it and getting the droid X

Dial *228 or whatever the program your phone number is. It made a massive difference in my call quality. It's actually clearer than my Droid's. Get NoLED from the market and it uses the screen for a notification light. It has 512mb of RAM, same as the DX. But, 128 is dedicated to the GPU and 50 something is dedicated to the system. The 325 it has that's usable is enough. I heavily multi-task and I have yet to pass 300mb used. Heck, I haven't used more than 290. Play the videos in HQ then, what's wrong with that?

If you do get the X, which I do think is a great phone, enjoy the locked bootloader, Blur, the slow camera that doesn't take as good of pictures, LCD screen(SAMOLED trumps all), and slower hardware.

Here's my rooting guide on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=798064

Also, with Voodoo installed, I find that it uses a lot less RAM and have a ton more free. 160-240 is all I see it using, compared to 250-280 out of the box. RAM is certainly not an issue on this like it was on the OG Droid.

Last edited: