I just got a Samsung Fascinate

bomber889

Reaction score
So, I just got a Samsung Fascinate off of ebay for 350. I currently have a Droid 1 and I'm wondering if I should keep the Samsung Fascinate and sell my Droid, or resell the Samsung Fascinate for 500+. Or, I can keep my Droid just to screw around with. I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
play around with the fascinate and decide which phone is best for you.

OP
bomber889

bomber889

Reaction score
Sounds good. I wonder how going back to 2.1 is going to feel after being on 2.2 for months.

alishapowell

Reaction score
the droid sucks I hated it. To be honest I just returned my Droid Motorola for the Fas. just hours ago I say sell the Driod and keep the fascinate.... Its just like a iphone I LOVE IT! I just got it tonight and cant stop playing with it.

Anyone have any information on it and how it works long term???

jset670

Reaction score
Just took back my two week old DINC and got the Fascinate. Wow, what a nice phone. Love it so far.

OP
bomber889

bomber889

Reaction score
Seems like it's a pretty good phone so far. Can't wait for the custom roms

denlem

Reaction score
I just got home from picking up my Fascinate. Buy one, get one free, so my neice has a surprise waiting for her when she gets here. $149.99 after rebates. $100 Verizon rebate and $50 BJ's (east coast Sams Club type store) rebate.

So far I like it. My Droid was rooted and running at 1.2 gig. The Fascinate is sooooo much zippier!

Volume on it is not quite the Droid 1, but better than the Droid X. I'd have a DX if it wasn't for that.

My main dissapointment is the 2 gig internal memory. I went in knowing this, but to find only 1.5 gig of that 2 gig available, that was a bit more dissapointing. Still, it's 6 times more than the Droid 1. I'm sure when I root, some of the bloat will be removed.

Another dissapointment is that my contacts from Google don't sync over. I hope not. Still gotta look into that more, but I have the feeling we're stuck using Backup Assistant on this device.

Reception on it is typical Samsung. I live in an area where you barely have a signal in one spot, but take 2 steps and there is now no signal. Moto phones have always had the best reception for me, LG being the worst. This one doesn't quite pick up that signal like the Droid, but it's still possible in the right position.

It's only been about an hour. Still lots to try on this device.

I hated to part with the D1, but I like gadgets and upgrading is what I like to do.

First impressions were good. No buyers remorse. Yet.

BonnieRosePf

Reaction score
Just got mine... Been messing around with it for a couple of hours now! My contacts from Google did sync just fine as soon as I logged into Google in the "Phone Setup" wizard!

Love the phone so far but I did come from a Samsung 1!!!!! My husband has a Droid1 and is trying to decide whether to go to Droid2 or Fascinate...

I AM LOVING THIS PHONE!!!!

denlem

Reaction score
I found that my contacts did end up syncing. All the facebook contacts were in there as well so that had me confused at first.

Santee

Reaction score
The verizon rep in store tried to sell me the fascinate instead of the DX.They were pushy on selling me this phone.

OP
bomber889

bomber889

Reaction score
Well when my phone arrives, the first thing I'm going to do it remove all the bloatware, and bing.