Will the Fascinate becoming a Droid?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by danDroid, Jul 5, 2010.

1. tech94

tech94 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    doubt it will be branded a DROID, bc samsung wants to designate their own "galaxy s" line. it would be bad marketing to have it be a galaxy droid or whatever.

2. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    It's pretty easy to replace the default search engine and navigation on Windows Mobile with Google so I guess it won't be a pain in the ass to do it on this phone either . Probably the average user will use Bing and won't even bother to change it , but if you want to I don't think it's that hard , it's still a Google platform .
    Hope they'll change the name , they should have named it Droid Charming

3. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been told that is will ot be branded a ' Droid ' due to being powerd by Bing...it has to be powerd by google to be considerd a 'Droid' don't ask me why cause I wasn't given any more explantion than that

4. exdirrk

exdirrk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is not going to be using the droid name, and bing is very easy to remove on this device or at least set google as default . I have played with this phone and I like it over the x, and I think most people will agree once they see how big the x is and how bad the buttons are.

5. bizzshow

bizzshow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well that's good that Bing is easy to remove. Now lets hope they don't change the bootloader. Easy root anyone?

6. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The X does not feel too big for me at all and the physical buttons on the bottom are a welcome change. I think sales numbers will speak for themselves, so we will all see soon enough.

7. ranterbul

ranterbul New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the release date of the DROID FANTABULOUS.

8. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, much better name! :icon_ banana:

9. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The internationally version of the Galaxy S phone has been rooted long ago. They are virtually the same devices, so technically the Samsung Fascinate has been rooted already.

10. bizzshow

bizzshow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know the European version has been rooted shoot the GSM us versions have been rooted. I'm just hopeing for a quick root for this. Can care less if it has the Droid branding. Vzw release it and please don't lock it down

11. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The device will not be branded as a Droid. Remember not all Android phones get the Droid branding... LG Ally... and lets not forget that Verizon is getting the worst version of the Galaxy S only 2Gb internal storage where the others have 16Gb

12. ranterbul

ranterbul New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2GB internal with a 16GB micro sd card installed with the ability to upgrade to a 32Gb.

Key features and specifications:

• Android 2.1 platform – With support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk and Android Market
    • Full HTML Web browsing capabilities
    • Preloaded with Bing Maps and Bing Search
    • 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities – Allows customers to transform their phone into a wireless modem for up to five compatible Wi-Fi-enabled devices
    • Super AMOLED Screen Technology – Brilliant display makes watching movies, viewing videos and playing games come to life like never before, even in bright light and outdoor environments
    • Advanced touch screen gestures capabilities, including multi-touch pinch to zoom, double tap to zoom and horizontal swiping, which provides easier and quicker access to many applications, including location-based services, Web browsing and digital photos or videos
    • Multiple file formats supported, including DivX support
    • Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor – Produces amazing graphics, faster upload and download times and HD-like multimedia content
    • Six-axis sensor that works with the smartphone’s accelerometer to provide a smooth, fluid gaming experience when the user is tilting the device up or down or panning the phone to the left or right
    • Virtual QWERTY Keyboard Featuring Swype Technology – Input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard
    • Full suite of messaging options – Text, picture, video and voice messaging; corporate and personal e-mail accounts supported
    • 5.0-megapixel camera/camcorder – Auto-focus and LED flash with HD video recording and playback (720p) capabilities to capture photos and videos for playback on your HD television
    • WiFi Connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
    • Stereo Bluetooth® Technology – Support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, object push for vCard and vCalendar
    • Corporate Email – Supports Android Eclair Exchange ActiveSync e-mail to synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from office e-mail accounts
    • Music and video players and 3.5-millimeter headphone jack
    • 2GB internal memory expandable to 32GB, 16GB microSD™ included with handset
    Lifestyle features:

• V CAST Music with Rhapsody®, V CAST Video on Demand, V CAST Song ID, Visual Voice Mail, V CAST Tones, VZ Navigator® and Mobile IM , City ID
    • Samsung’s Social Hub – Built around messaging, contacts and calendar sync, which allows users to send and receive information, whether it is e-mail, social network updates or SMS messages
      • Integrated Calendar information from portal calendars, on Exchange, Google Calendar™ and social networking services (SNS), including Facebook®
      • Integrated Contacts syncs with Exchange, Google, Twitter and Facebook® and displays a user’s contacts in four categories including Information, History (previous calls and messages), Activities (status updates and notifications on social networking sites) and Media (Facebook profile photos and photo gallery)
    • Feeds & Updates – Displays feeds from multiple SNS sites such as Facebook®, MySpace and Twitter, which also allows users to update their status instantly
    • AllShare Application – Enables inter-device connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), so users can send multimedia content wirelessly to other DLNA-enabled devices such as TVs and laptops
    • Daily Briefing – Instant access to weather, news, stocks and schedule
    • Write and Go – Quickly jot down an idea and later decide on a format, such as SMS/ MMS, e-mail, calendar or memo, to send or post to popular SNS sites such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace
    • Weather Clock – Displays current time and weather of the selected city (ability to add and select other cities)