Will the Fascinate becoming a Droid?

Mule65

Reaction score
The Fascinate while nice is not going to win over many customers on Verizon simply because of the Droid X. When compared to the Droid X it is not nearly as feature complete and it is also lacking something. A confirmed update to Froyo in August. If Samsung follows through with their updates like they did with the Moment I don't see Froyo on this until at least years end if not later.

What features does the X have over the Fascinate? From what I've seen, the Fascinate has more built in apps, faster GPU, arguably better screen, and is lighter, thinner, smaller and smoother than the X. Looks like a DInc killer to me. Would it be hard to replace Bing with Google? Thanks.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The Reviews of the Galaxy S have the Google branding on the back. Is Fascinate a different phone?

not a different phone, but there will be Bing Maps and Bing Search pre-installed, unlike its Galaxy S brothers on TMobile, ATT, and Sprint.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-fascinate-will-include-bing-maps-search.html

That is freaking sad....Android = Google. Yet MS crap is getting put on there...YUK!!

Real shame, if it was pure stock, I'd be all over this bad boy.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a PC, love my Windows, but please keep the MS off my mobile platform :)

I'd have bought a Windows phone if I wanted that crap :)

bizzshow

Reaction score
Don't blame Samsung for Bing blame vzw they have the agreement with Microsoft. And I don't see this being a Droid phone with how much fluff vzw put in this

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have always thought Droid Galaxy had a real cool ring to it.

bizzshow

Reaction score
It does but if it were Droid branded do you think it would come with Bing. I think the Droid branding is for the android phones they don't touch to much

bizzshow

Reaction score
i have no doubt that this will be a droid phone look at the limited push behind it. and with it releasing on every carrier its not exclusive.

tech94

Reaction score
doubt it will be branded a DROID, bc samsung wants to designate their own "galaxy s" line. it would be bad marketing to have it be a galaxy droid or whatever.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
It's pretty easy to replace the default search engine and navigation on Windows Mobile with Google so I guess it won't be a pain in the ass to do it on this phone either . Probably the average user will use Bing and won't even bother to change it , but if you want to I don't think it's that hard , it's still a Google platform .
Hope they'll change the name , they should have named it Droid Charming

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been told that is will ot be branded a ' Droid ' due to being powerd by Bing...it has to be powerd by google to be considerd a 'Droid' don't ask me why cause I wasn't given any more explantion than that

exdirrk

Reaction score
It is not going to be using the droid name, and bing is very easy to remove on this device or at least set google as default . I have played with this phone and I like it over the x, and I think most people will agree once they see how big the x is and how bad the buttons are.

bizzshow

Reaction score
Well that's good that Bing is easy to remove. Now lets hope they don't change the bootloader. Easy root anyone?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X does not feel too big for me at all and the physical buttons on the bottom are a welcome change. I think sales numbers will speak for themselves, so we will all see soon enough.