dissapointed of samsumg fascinate

Signum

Reaction score
so Signum what is YOUR device that is scoring so high on the graph? an incredible or a Fascinate im confused...

That's my fascinate. My incredible would benchmark around 1400-1500

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Steeeler

Reaction score
I know waiting is so like 5 minutes ago but we made it this far! I too just pawned off my Droid1 and jumped on the fascinate souly based on the hardware and completely trusting in our army of open platformed Droid Warriors to hack through that mess in no time! We were rooted under 24 hours, and have already begun successful experiments and conversions WHILE STILL USING android 2.1! Sure it totally sucks *** about how we got bigRed Binged, but we'll bong them back and make them Blue!!! My guess is this batch got pushed through too quick so greater efforts can be regained against the new IPhone... DROID will prevail!!!! Even if 2.2 doesnt get released, you know some amazing roms of the like will be out in NO TIME!:blackdroid:

LMAO!

As for "about how we got bigRed Binged, but we'll bong them back and make them Blue" I already bonged them back and made them blue. I have google on my Samsung, through and through!

smilepak

Reaction score
Well, it isn't the OP's review it would be no 2.2. I'm astounded, D2 is the only one that shipped with Froyo! Runs so good on the D2. Glad I went that way.

61cfaaf7-cc36-dd7b.jpg

Even with froyo your phone won't touch those scores lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Dang is that Fascinate out of the box?

Signum

Reaction score

kamileon

Reaction score
I found guides to rooting, but all are specific to other samsung models, I dont want to risk it doing it in the fascinate, I tried yesterday to root it and I could not reboot it to recovery mode

Well you wont be able to reboot into recovery mode. So far we just have root and the lag fix only. There is not a recovery image available yet for the fascinate. However, they do have one on the epic 4G now(clockwork mod) so i figure it wont be to long before we have it as well.

epic_engineering

Reaction score
Hi people, I just wanted to share my experience with the samsung fascinate, first of all I have to say I loveed my motorola droid, costumized it like crazy, added froyo to it, and never had a problem with it, but it was a bit slow, so when I started to hear about the samsung galaxy phone I got very interested in it, so I got it, and to be honest, I dont like it, there is no led notification, that means that if I get an email or an sms, I will not know until I turn my phone back from sleep, the call quality is terrible, I could not find an app to use the flash as a flash light, I need that a lot, the youtube video quality is horrible, unless you choose to play them in high quality, the amount of ram is very small compared to the droid x, so, I am returning it and getting the droid X

I didn't read the entire post .. But one Download NoLED its gives you the visual notification of email, text and missed calls... I know how you feel about this and this apps is free and is better than the regular LED because its color customizable..

2 I've come across a few flash light programs and the old ones always add support for the new phones in a matter of weeks.. So not really a problem..

The it has 512 ram its the way samsung chose to display it as on my droid 2 if you use task manager to clear it I was getting less ram back than the Fascinate displays so I think the system on the Fascinate actually uses slightly less ram for normal process and I also think it handles closing apps better than the moto's programing.. Maybe thats just the 2.1 vs 2.2 thing though.

I'll be honest before you make the swap go and do a fair comparsion, especially if you comparing the Droid 2 because the more responsive touch screen on the Fascinate was worth swaping out my droid 2 alone.. The sammy is a better phone. You just need to do a little more app digging.

mrdroid

Reaction score
The Fascinate is the fastest phone out by FAAAAAAAAAAR in terms of real world usage. I used a Droid 2 and Droid X before the Samsung came and they are incredibly laggy and choppy. Fascinate is perfectly smooth in everything it does right out of the box. I'm not going back to Moto for a long time.

Breezer23

Reaction score
The Fascinate is the fastest phone out by FAAAAAAAAAAR in terms of real world usage. I used a Droid 2 and Droid X before the Samsung came and they are incredibly laggy and choppy. Fascinate is perfectly smooth in everything it does right out of the box. I'm not going back to Moto for a long time.

I would love to get the Fascinate but got the Droid X. Due to the locked bootloader it will be the last Motorola phone I get.

mrdroid

Reaction score

I would love to get the Fascinate but got the Droid X. Due to the locked bootloader it will be the last Motorola phone I get.

Yea. That too. HTC has a lot of crap locked down as well but at least they perform well. Moto is getting stomped all over in terms of performance.

Dxun

Reaction score