Disinfecting the Droid (literally)

Twoo

Reaction score
I put hand sanitizer on a paper towel and wipe all over my phone with it.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Bryson rocks. I've listened to that probably 4 times.

I put him right up there with Sagan in his ability to explain things so the less inclined can understand it. Richard Matthews (narrates it) did an extraordinary job of making it fun to listen to.

ice456789

Reaction score
Bryson rocks. I've listened to that probably 4 times.

I put him right up there with Sagan in his ability to explain things so the less inclined can understand it. Richard Matthews (narrates it) did an extraordinary job of making it fun to listen to.

It wouldn't be the same if the narrator didn't have a british accent.

I particularly enjoyed the discovery of phosphorous.

OP
andrewdoane

andrewdoane

Reaction score
#1 will work for surface cleaning but obviously not germs.

#2 Clorox wipes do not actually use bleach. (FYI) but would probably would work best at streaking your screen (though it would also probably kill germs too)

#3 Alcohol is relatively safe and will kill germs, but I would use something like cotton swabs (or microfiber) for two reasons, one because you don't want to leave behind paper towel fibers all over and 2 you don't want whatever you use to "drip" excess onto (or into) the device.

#4 NO! NO! NO! NO! Do not use Hydrogen Peroxide. Oxygen has a known corrosive effect on ferrous metals.

#5 No comment - I have no idea.

#6 I have my doubts.

#7 Not if you like your phone!

Thank you Jay. I have heard enough people say that rubbing alcohol is safe that I will give that a try.

If you're comparing this person to Carl Sagan, I must give him a try!

zegwin

Reaction score
Not to say that your fear is not legitimate, but people wonder why we have resistant bacteria and viruses (staph is a big one in gyms for improper disinfecting). All because of people using disinfectant way to often and improperly.

Just remember your the only one touching it so you should be fine. And don't disinfect yourself.

Source: EMT

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thought it was on topic... :(

I apologize if I was outta line.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
His question was concerning bacteria, virii and the like on his Droid. How could discussing anything related to that be off topic?