Diet Droid "slimmed" D2G ROM

terrets

Reaction score
So you are going to be basically getting this ROM to work correctly then start working on themes once its good? Im very excited to have a slimmed down ROM. I like my OS's simple and fast. Love Linux, I even just got a robotic Tux tattoo :)...Anyways..

I am currently downloading this right now and Im going to flash right away... Ill keep you updated on any bugs I encounter.. (Flashing from Liberty 2.0) Then I think Im going to start working on changing the theme up a bit.. If you need any help developing or testing feel free to shoot me a pm. I know a few coding languages but Im just learning how the whole Android platform and what not works.

Keep up the good work guys!

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Getting to the point where i am happy with it. Will start theming in the week to come

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

TinMan09

Reaction score
i like the idea, but i feel as if somethings should be left alone. i used it for a couple of days and i have to say handcent and all other market sms sucks. i like the stock sms the best. also i can not find a decent clock with alarm anywhere in the market. they are all widgets and i dont need widgets i just need something like the stock clock. other than that i like it, but im going back to liberty so i can have the better sms and alarm clock.

Just a quick edit to go into more detail about what i wish wasnt on the menu. Email, Emergency, Media Share, Manage Sim Card, My accounts, Quick Office, Task Manager, Voice Commands, and Voice Search. None of that is necessary to me. Yet its still there. Any way to get rid of it? Anybody know how to get the Blur SMS and clock back?

One More Edit. Does anybody have any ideas as to why i cant recieve texts now? I installed GoSMS and Handcent, and neither of them recieve. It says they are sending but i have no way to verify that. Any ideas?

Last edited:

eqforus5

Reaction score
Yeah I like some of the stock apps just don't like the bloatware. Not sure if I am gonna do the slimmed down rom of not.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have been running it A well Gamer did a Great Job On it

We will be resuming work on THE GRD ROM BASE COME THE LEAK OF GINGERBREAD for THE D2G FROM TBH ...HOPEFULLY SOON

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Ok so what blur is it that people don't like and want removed? I have put sms and dialer back in for personal use just because I do like it and it works seamlessly. Most of the extras and apps i dont use have been pulled. Think Im going to leave some blur and theme a base. Will throw it out to you all here first for testing and feedback.
Then we'll move up to GB for you all

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
I actually kind of liked how blur combined email and sms into that one app that then let you jump to each of the apps like Email and Messaging...
My memory is bad though, it's been a while since I used stock. I think I'll SBF just to see it again and come back with what I like. All I remember is hating the launcher with a fiery passion :)

terrets

Reaction score
Thank you for adding contacts back in. The Go dialer/contacts didnt work to well...Ive been having some soft restarts usually when listening to music and unlocking the screen. Not sure if it has to do with having Liberty installed previously.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
i like the idea, but i feel as if somethings should be left alone. i used it for a couple of days and i have to say handcent and all other market sms sucks. i like the stock sms the best.
Really I dont like the stock app at all. I am a big fan of GoSMS, and Handcent before that due to there ability to customize.

also i can not find a decent clock with alarm anywhere in the market. they are all widgets and i dont need widgets i just need something like the stock clock. other than that i like it, but im going back to liberty so i can have the better sms and alarm clock
Alarm Clock Plus sounds like it owuld be perfect for you. It has a table top/desk clock type function, allows you to set more then 3 alarms, and does not require you to use widgets, although I think it has avaliable widgets with it.

Just a quick edit to go into more detail about what i wish wasnt on the menu. Email, Emergency, Media Share, Manage Sim Card, My accounts, Quick Office, Task Manager, Voice Commands, and Voice Search. None of that is necessary to me. Yet its still there. Any way to get rid of it?
Depending on your home app/launcher, you can hide them. Wouldnt be surprised if there was such an app to do it for the stock launchers as well.

Anybody know how to get the Blur SMS and clock back?
Dependso n if the source code was removed or if they were simply frozen. If there frozen, then use titanium back up to unfreeze them.

One More Edit. Does anybody have any ideas as to why i cant recieve texts now? I installed GoSMS and Handcent, and neither of them recieve. It says they are sending but i have no way to verify that. Any ideas?
Try again later . If it works, then it was simply a short term carrier issue. Otherwise I couldnt say for sure.

TinMan09

Reaction score
well im back to using it. I got the clock that you mentioned yesterday and it is great. still not recieving texts though. i can send them just not recieve for some reason.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Hey Gamr... do you got a copy of your most recent slimmed down stock with the stock contacts and sms? all ive got is the first one in the op and the second one ..

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Will be working on it today and put something up this afternoon