buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
What is the purpose of this Rom?
This rom really came about for two reasons. First: Until now, only two roms have been released for the D2G, both of which came out before there was an SBF. Team Defuse's Fission 2.4.3 and the Deodexed Blur (2.4.29) rom's only flash two system folders, app and frameworks. This wasn't a problem at the time because everybody was flashing those over stock D2G and all the other system files remained intact.

The Rom-er is a helpful tool, but it does present us with a new problem: The only ways back to Stock D2G, or Fission for that matter are to restore a Nandroid or Flash the SBF. Unfortunately there have been a few people that have either forgotten to make a Nandroid or accidentally deleted it. If you flash either of the currently available D2G Roms over a D2 Rom, you will get boot loop.

The second use of this rom is to fix bluetooth when running the D2G_Romer.zip with a D2 Rom. I'm pretty confident that the isolated issues people are having starting bluetooth are related to not having the 2.4.330 OTA. This complete rom, flashes the updated radio. If you never got the OTA, this will get you updated.

Standard Disclaimer
Flash this "ROM" at your own risk, neither I, nor droidforums.net, nor any other member of Get~R~Done are respondible should you brick your phone.

Features
  • Deodexed 2.4.29 Apps and frameworks (taken from Team Defuse's Deodexed Stock-For the 2.4.330 version see the beta release below)
  • Root
  • Busybox
  • Updated Radio
  • Stock Boot Logo
  • Bloatware Removal Script (See instructions below)

Install Instructions
1. Download D2G.2.4.330.Deodex.Root.Busybox.2.4.29Apks.zip and place it on the root of our sdcard.
2. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
3. Create a nandroid Backup
4. Factory Reset/Wipe Data/Cache
5. Choose install zip from sdcard and navigate to the file that you downloaded earlier.
6. When done, reboot your phone.

Bloatware Script Instructions
To remove the bloatware open terminal and type the following (hitting enter after each line):
Code:
$su

#bloat -auto

Some of the icons will be stuck in the drawer until you reboot.

To put all the bloatware back, type those commands again. For a complete list of apps included in the bloatware script see the full thread HERE.

Known Issues
The 2.4.330 BlurContacts.apk suffered a deodexing issue causing it to close whenever trying to open a contact...it would call them, but not allow for editing (thanks helizus for pointing that out). If the file you downloaded does not say "2.4.29apks" in the name, you will suffer from this issue. In the short run, as a quick fix, the download link includes all the 2.4.29 system apps. An updated ROM is in the works to include 2.4.330 apks with the old BlurContacts.apk only. It will be posted later this evening.

Beta Release
The following linked ROM includes all 2.4.330 apks except for BlurContacts.apk. It will remain in beta until we have a few confirmations of success.

Beta 2.4.330 Stock Deodexed Root Busybox

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Thank you so much buryboi!!!! I cant sbf (no comp) and have needed to go back to full stock for a couple weeks, been having system force close issues when adjusting brightness or viewing battery use, and other small things.

/edit/ nandroiding to just after i rooted did not fix either so thank you so damn much!

Weeeeeeee!!!!! Dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Get-R-Done is the best!

pswin09

Reaction score
What is the purpose of this Rom?
This rom really came about for two reasons. First: Until now, only two roms have been released for the D2G, both of which came out before there was an SBF. Team Defuse's Fission 2.4.3 and the Deodexed Blur (2.4.29) rom's only flash two system folders, app and frameworks. This wasn't a problem at the time because everybody was flashing those over stock D2G and all the other system files remained intact.

The Rom-er is a helpful tool, but it does present us with a new problem: The only ways back to Stock D2G, or Fission for that matter are to restore a Nandroid or Flash the SBF. Unfortunately there have been a few people that have either forgotten to make a Nandroid or accidentally deleted it. If you flash either of the currently available D2G Roms over a D2 Rom, you will get boot loop.

The second use of this rom is to fix bluetooth when running the D2G_Romer.zip with a D2 Rom. I'm pretty confident that the isolated issues people are having starting bluetooth are related to not having the 2.4.330 OTA. This complete rom, flashes the updated radio. If you never got the OTA, this will get you updated.

Standard Disclaimer
Flash this "ROM" at your own risk, neither I, nor droidforums.net, nor any other member of Get~R~Done are respondible should you brick your phone.

Features
  • Deodexed 2.4.330 Apps
  • Deodexed frameworks (taken from Team Defuse's Deodexed Stock)
  • Root
  • Busybox
  • Updated Radio
  • Stock Boot Logo
  • Bloatware Removal Script (See instructions below)

Install Instructions
1. Download D2G.2.4.330.Deodex.Root.Busybox.zip and place it on the root of our sdcard.
2. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
3. Create a nandroid Backup
4. Factory Reset/Wipe Data/Cache
5. Choose install zip from sdcard and navigate to the file that you downloaded earlier.
6. When done, reboot your phone.

Bloatware Script Instructions
To remove the bloatware open terminal and type the following (hitting enter after each line):
Code:
$su

#bloat -auto
Some of the icons will be stuck in the drawer until you reboot.

To put all the bloatware back, type those commands again. For a complete list of apps included in the bloatware script see the full thread HERE.
I normally deodexed my d2g with xUltimate, so far no problem. What is the different between my deodexed way and your's.
I respect you guy's work. Keep going on bro's. You guy are great.dancedroid

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Nothing. It is just packaged together with the OTA Radio image, the stock boot image (for those that flashed Liberty and just want an easy back to stock), and if your on 2.4.29, it will get you up to 2.4.330.

The biggest purpose this "rom" serve's is to get people that forget to nandroid back to a D2G rom from a D2 rom. Without this, the only other option was SBF.

If you're already deodexed and have the OTA update, then this would be of no benefit to you.

Were you able to get xUltimate to deodex all the frameworks? I was having issues with those (it complete skipped guava.odex and didn't throw any errors). It looks like guava is a common issue.

pswin09

Reaction score
Nothing. It is just packaged together with the OTA Radio image, the stock boot image (for those that flashed Liberty and just want an easy back to stock), and if your on 2.4.29, it will get you up to 2.4.330.

The biggest purpose this "rom" serve's is to get people that forget to nandroid back to a D2G rom from a D2 rom. Without this, the only other option was SBF.

If you're already deodexed and have the OTA update, then this would be of no benefit to you.

Were you able to get xUltimate to deodex all the frameworks? I was having issues with those (it complete skipped guava.odex and didn't throw any errors). It looks like guava is a common issue.

I deodexed my d2g after 2.4.330 update. I did not notice that guava.odex skipping problem(normally I run xUltimate and leave it until finish). I read about guava.odex problem on droid x forum. I removed it and run xUltimate( because i just follow their instruction :D) but on the half way xUltimate stop working.Then i put back guava.odex, everything is fine. May be that is common problem for droid series.

helizus

Reaction score
Anyone got problem with contacts? every time I touch to any name, it's closed without any reason.

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
I have not heard of, or had this issue myself. Did you wipe data/factory reset?

Edit: Sure enough, that is a bug (a rather big one at that) I have pulled the original link an replaced it with the old version of the rom (2.4.29 apks).

Last edited:

helizus

Reaction score
I have not heard of, or had this issue myself. Did you wipe data/factory reset?

Yes, I did. I think the contacts or contacts storage files are not functionally. How to solve this problem?

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
I reverted the Download link to a previous version that had the old (2.4.29 apks). Should solve the problem until I can look into it more. Sorry about that.