Get~r~done dev team will be launching the base of are rom to test out by weeks end

Discussion in 'GET~R~DONE' started by WoZzY, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Haha that describes me too, I was starting to have withdrawals because I had gone back to fission until the keyboard lights thing was fixed.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

2. BackSeatSuicide

BackSeatSuicide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, I'm right there with ya lol. The D2G is my first smartphone, and I really love it, but since this is the only one I've owned, fission is the only custom ROM I've been able to try out, and I'm hooked on modding my phone like I said, so I feel like I'm missing out, but we got team Git r' done on our side, so that wont be an issue for long, and I'm sure its only a matter of time before they fix the sensor issue with Liberty. And I can't wait for their AOSP rom they've been talikng about!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

3. 13th angel

Ratings:
    +1
    First smart phone here too, was a surprise christmas present lol. Id reccomend playing around with some of the d2 roms. There are alot of really good ones out there (favorites are either liberty or rubix) and now that the keyboard lights work we really don't have much reduced function without sensors. Sure we don't have proximity or auto-tilt but that's minor inconveniences one you get used to it.

4. clouse2013

clouse2013 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah first smart phone here too. Absolutelyblove the fission rom but looking for something a bit better. If u need any testing ill volunteer to be a guinea pig. I don't much about programming and stuff but I'm getting pretty good at flashing roms and having no problems there. Just lemme know. Keep up the good work guys!

5. helizus

helizus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With ROMer tool, I've tried plenty rom of D2, even DX on my phone. And I found very much happiness with them, also some pains hehe but learned alot. Thanks Get~R~DONE and alls, hope your ROM will be the best one on D2G.

6. Psj77

Psj77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will sensors work on this rom? If they do I'll gladly flash it to test it out

7. 13th angel

Ratings:
    +1
    We plan on them working.

8. BackSeatSuicide

BackSeatSuicide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right on, didn't know the Keyboard light issue had been fixed. So are you guys still working on the sensor issue? And by the proximity issue, you mean that the in-pocket detection and having the screen auto dim when its close to your face, doesn't work? And as far as auto tilt, how do you get the screen to rotate if it doesn't do it automatically?

9. 13th angel

Ratings:
    +1
    That's a relatively new thing. Think about the only thing we can do for sensors to work at this point is tearing framework files apart for each rom and replicating the mods in the d2g framework files. Correct on the autobrightness, my screen is always on 10% unless I need it outside anyways. For rotation, popping the keyboard out slightlly makes it go into landscape and locking or going into an app that starts in portrait changes it to portrait mode.

10. Alcia

Alcia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For me, I really do like the sensors. I keep my screen about 20% brightness at all times. But besides that, I like it automatically changing angles for me. Just feels convenient. Still, tried the v7 and it is very nice that the lighting works. v7, and so soon after, a new rom entirely. This is a good time for us D2G owners.

11. kickyindahead

kickyindahead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off .. love team get-r-done .. ive messed around with the liberty rom and now having the keyboard lights is nice. I dont use many sensors .. especially the auto tilt sensor .. the only time i turn my phone into landscape is when im using the keyboard. I had issues with trying to apply themes from the liberty tool box and when my phone rebooted i got a black screen after the liberty logo .. so being the impatient soul that i am and not trying to figure it out i went back to my backup of fission 2.4.3 ... lookin forward to this new rom you guys are talkin bout .. count me in for being a test dummy ..

12. rusty815

rusty815 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One quick question, hows batterylife with the new rom, any info on that, and for the record i am running liberty with rommer v7 and honeycomb theme :D but i keep switching between that and my stock rooted with all the bloatware frozen that i have as a nandroid backup, this new rom will most likely replace both of those once its stable enough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.