Get~r~done dev team will be launching the base of are rom to test out by weeks end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First smart phone here too, was a surprise christmas present lol. Id reccomend playing around with some of the d2 roms. There are alot of really good ones out there (favorites are either liberty or rubix) and now that the keyboard lights work we really don't have much reduced function without sensors. Sure we don't have proximity or auto-tilt but that's minor inconveniences one you get used to it.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Right on, didn't know the Keyboard light issue had been fixed. So are you guys still working on the sensor issue? And by the proximity issue, you mean that the in-pocket detection and having the screen auto dim when its close to your face, doesn't work? And as far as auto tilt, how do you get the screen to rotate if it doesn't do it automatically?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First smart phone here too, was a surprise christmas present lol. Id reccomend playing around with some of the d2 roms. There are alot of really good ones out there (favorites are either liberty or rubix) and now that the keyboard lights work we really don't have much reduced function without sensors. Sure we don't have proximity or auto-tilt but that's minor inconveniences one you get used to it.

Right on, didn't know the Keyboard light issue had been fixed. So are you guys still working on the sensor issue? And by the proximity issue, you mean that the in-pocket detection and having the screen auto dim when its close to your face, doesn't work? And as far as auto tilt, how do you get the screen to rotate if it doesn't do it automatically?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

That's a relatively new thing. Think about the only thing we can do for sensors to work at this point is tearing framework files apart for each rom and replicating the mods in the d2g framework files. Correct on the autobrightness, my screen is always on 10% unless I need it outside anyways. For rotation, popping the keyboard out slightlly makes it go into landscape and locking or going into an app that starts in portrait changes it to portrait mode.

Alcia

Reaction score
For me, I really do like the sensors. I keep my screen about 20% brightness at all times. But besides that, I like it automatically changing angles for me. Just feels convenient. Still, tried the v7 and it is very nice that the lighting works. v7, and so soon after, a new rom entirely. This is a good time for us D2G owners.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
First off .. love team get-r-done .. ive messed around with the liberty rom and now having the keyboard lights is nice. I dont use many sensors .. especially the auto tilt sensor .. the only time i turn my phone into landscape is when im using the keyboard. I had issues with trying to apply themes from the liberty tool box and when my phone rebooted i got a black screen after the liberty logo .. so being the impatient soul that i am and not trying to figure it out i went back to my backup of fission 2.4.3 ... lookin forward to this new rom you guys are talkin bout .. count me in for being a test dummy ..

rusty815

Reaction score
One quick question, hows batterylife with the new rom, any info on that, and for the record i am running liberty with rommer v7 and honeycomb theme :D but i keep switching between that and my stock rooted with all the bloatware frozen that i have as a nandroid backup, this new rom will most likely replace both of those once its stable enough

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Battery life is great when this base released I will include a write up & as long as you follow it should be no problem I average 28 hours with this rom on my phone ....there are a few apps that will extend that battery life

The base of are rom does not have all the bloatware Frozen if you bought a copy of root explorer when we release the base of are rom you can add back certain blur features if you want thats your Choice

IT will be like this until the final release of the rom until we get all are scripts in order.

this rom base is just as stable as fission in my opinion I have been tinkering with is since burri boy released that ota image a while back

Pattmyn

Reaction score
I'm excited to try this too and see if I get the same issues that I do with the other ROM's (outbound call issues, see other thread I posted).

jt1359

Reaction score
Battery life is great when this base released I will include a write up & as long as you follow it should be no problem I average 28 hours with this rom on my phone ....there are a few apps that will extend that battery life

The base of are rom does not have all the bloatware Frozen if you bought a copy of root explorer when we release the base of are rom you can add back certain blur features if you want thats your Choice

IT will be like this until the final release of the rom until we get all are scripts in order.

this rom base is just as stable as fission in my opinion I have been tinkering with is since burri boy released that ota image a while back

When you say you get 28 hours, is that stock battery or extended? And the battery saving apps, are you using those to get the 28 hours? And what are they?

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yes 28 hours was with the stock battery I did the testing yesterday & today 28 hours with juice defender on aggressive i figure why have 3G in the background when I am not using it .......also I will include QA Scaling profiles when the base rom is released with different Freq that can be used/applied with Jrummy's overclocker app

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Of course your going to get insane life with 3g disabled all the time silly. With average usage id bet it would get roughly 15 hrs battery life (no I haven't gotten it yet to test, that's just what im estimating it to be with 3g on based on my usage with rubix and liberty).

rusty815

Reaction score
alright, i just donated, thats to hoping that today at noon something will impress me ;) dancedroid

Alcia

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll have it out as soon as they can. It really is a most exciting thing after all. Finally the wonderful hardware will have another good rom for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.