WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
THE GET~R~DONE DEV TEAMS BIG ANNOUNCEMENT 2/21/2011 3:10pm

We are currently not just working on the sensor issue for the GET~R~DONE ROMER

But we are also working on a AOSP rom For the D2G
Well before anyone says we got fission .....to Set the record straight Fission is a AOSP like rom is is not Fully AOSP source Code.... There are currently 6 members of are Team working on the The Start of a Full AOSP Rom for the DROID 2 Global....this is pretty big news for the D2G Owners out there as I can promise you when this rom is Released you Will be looking @ your D2g a whole new way as this AOSP rom will be packed full of customizations & this AOSP rom will GET~R~DOne for you all.....

This project just started last week & @ this point we do not have a E.T.A of the alpha/beta of this rom yet ....so please bare with us & check for updates here @ Df & At are dev teams webpage ...I will not give a possible release date as of now because I don't want to string no one along as are team has just started learning about AOSP source code but as soon as we have a working version a.K.a a ALPHA build ready you will all be welcome to test it.

A side note is part of the GET~R~DONE dev team is also working on MODIFYING the GET~R~DONE Romer & That is buriBoys project he has discussed with me about packing in some KICK BUTT Features into the romer such as a GET~R~DOne CHEST A.K.A a Toolbox something along the lines of Liberty's Tool Box developed by JRUmmy but ares will be Fitted/made by the Get~R~Done Dev Team & used on either a Droid 2 rom or a d2g rom.......

also over the Last week I have had the FLU ....F.Y.I it sucks but I have been in bed on my laptop fooling around trying to port a D1 Rom to the d2g as i have learned a lot over the last week about this it can be done but right now it is all in the alpha stages @ this time it still needs work but I believe we will be able to do it maybe even put a new build out of the romer that could do it maybe this is a big maybe as I still need to figure a few things out .....if I cant then one of us on the GET~R~DOne DEV team will have to port every D1 rom Over manually witch would suck & F.Y.I it is very Time consuming as some devs know ......& as of now it has taken me a week to get one barely booted up but still have a whole mess of F.C's & also no data only wifi sometimes but this is a side project as of now I am more concerned about getting out a Full AOSP D2G rom dont worry guys Team GET~R~DOne Will prevail & if you like are teams work shoot over to are dev site & donate a few dollars any little bit will help as the monthly bandwidth was used up the first week the dev site was up witch is fantastic you love Team GET~R~Done so much but I pay 50$ out of pocket for a certain bandwidth & if we go over it is 5$ a gb so just remember that no donation is to little !!!!!!

This is

Sean AkA WoZzY saying

"GeT~r~DoNe

helizus

Reaction score
Great news. You are doing very well. I especially be impressed with Romer, it make a big chance for D2G users to trying with huge of great ROM for D2, and it will be excellent tool when all issues of sensor is treated.

and maybe we will see your AOSP ROM for D2G before a Fission ROM which was alouded very very long time ago is appear.

Once again, you are doing great. Thank all of you.

tebower

Reaction score
That would be amazing! As soon as updates hit Google, we could implement them. Thanks a lot!

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I'll sign up for testing, have Droid and Droid 2G to play with.

WILL FLASH FOR FOOD! ...not really, don't need the food!

btw, Gingerbread on the Droid is fantastic, can't wait for GB on the D2G!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'll sign up for testing, have Droid and Droid 2G to play with.

WILL FLASH FOR FOOD! ...not really, don't need the food!

btw, Gingerbread on the Droid is fantastic, can't wait for GB on the D2G!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Yeah no doubt bro Gb on D2G will be insane as with the D2Gs 1.2ghz processor will make it run so smooth ...Gb runs good on The Original droid but that is a slimmed down version so we will will see

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You guys are the best thing to happen to the D2G community since Fission! I cant wait to see your ROM releases.

Major props to buryboi, we all hope he can solve the sensors issue too!

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

robotsandwrestlers

Reaction score
You guys are awesome and the only hope I have that I will ever like my D2G. Worst upgrade I ever got... damn me from damaging my D1 and D2.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.