Diet Droid: Lose the Fat

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
4/25/11 Diet Droid: Lose the Fat Release Notes:
This slimmed ROM was built off of Buryboi’s 2.4.330 with 2.4.29 apks D2G Stock Deodexed ROM release. It will update your phone and Radio to 2.4.330. Since this ROM is not so much a custom ROM and more of a stock slimmed version, it retains much of the original feel that came with your D2G from the factory. Similar to removing bloat or freezing with clockwork, and has the addition of a few other apps removed. This is an alternative to removing bloat or paying for Titanium to Freeze things. Since it is still based on Buryboi’s release, you should be able to flash his release without erasing data and it will get you back to stock to accept any OTA’s that come along.
This ROM will undergo slight tweaking when I find out what else can be removed. Blur does remain; most of you have voiced unhappiness with 3rd party dialer/sms/contacts. Once Diet Droid reaches its desired weight goal, strength training and toning will begin. I hope to incorporate AOSP and am currently in the process of editing images to Theme this.

4/25/11 Removed Apps:
adminFeedNotifier
Amazon MP3
BackupAssistanceClient
Blockbuster
Browser
CarDock
CityID
Clockwidget
DLNA
DLNA system service
Friendfeed
GenieWidget
Help Center
HomeSyncWizard
InPocketService
Kindle
MediaSync
MessagesWidget
Music
Mynet
MyVerizon
NewsWidget
Photowidget
QuickcontactWidget
Skype Mobile
Social Messaging
SocialShare
Status Widget
StickynoteWidget
SyncML
Vnav – VZW Navigation
Weather Wideget
Worldclock
Youtube

4/25/11 Removed Frameworks
com.blockbuster.moto.lib
com.motorola.android.mediasync

4/25/11 Other Changes:
Boot Animation is Android

4/25/11 r2 notes:
r2 release has the radio and device tree updates removed. You will have to come from 2.4.330 for this to work properly. Most of you are already here so this is not an issue. If not, flash Buryboi's release or SBF and update to 2.4.330 or use first download posted here. These items being removed allowed me to cut down file size.

Disclaimer: I nor anyone else on DF or on the GRD dev team claim responsibility if something goes wrong with your device or service. You understand the risks and by downloading and running this ROM you maintain all responsibility for your actions.

Copy .zip to SD card. Charge your battery. reboot Use bootstrap recovery to install SD. I recommend wiping Cache/Data before install (isn’t the point of a diet new beginnings), but in past tests I’ve learned this is not necessary. First time Boot animation will take a while, be patient, it will finish

Diet Droid: Lose the Fat DL link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pfqe952u5dhmdbh

Diet Droid: Lose the Fat r2 DL:
http://www.mediafire.com/?twqlo8rk2o26obp

Many thanks to Bikedude for pinpointing my error and saving me from trial and error later!

Everything should work without incident. I just completed initial setup and it is syncing all of my apps from marketplace. Google is awesome

Last edited:

bikedude880

Reaction score
I sent you a PM, but I'll restate it here:
Isn't the widget framework required bt bootclasspath?
The other two should be fine if the required app is also removed.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Thanks Bikedude, that solved the issue! Diet droid is up. stock, and slimmer

kickyindahead

Reaction score
derrr . nvm .. guess i could have read the whole post instead of skimming over it like i do my text books :)

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Nice release bro I went to sleep m& woke up to a great release good job bro i will be flashing it tomorrow

On a side note gamer I will be PMING & THE REST OF THE GRD DEV TEAM AS I JUST SIGNED UP FOR A GOOGLE WAVE ACCOUNT FOR THE DEV TEAM AS I JUST FOUND OUT THE OTHER DAY GOOGLE HAS DECIDED TO EXTEND THAT BETA OF GOOGLE WAVE TO AT LEAST 2012

& THIS WILL BE A EASY WAY FOR ARE DEV TEAM TO KEEP UP WITH ONE ANOTHER

kickyindahead

Reaction score
noobish question but what does having the radio and device tree updates affect other than the size in file? sorry .. somewhat new but tryin to learn...

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
noobish question but what does having the radio and device tree updates affect other than the size in file? sorry .. somewhat new but tryin to learn...
There's no difference other than file size as long as you are at 2.4.330. I was trying to make things more compact. I'm learning not to mess with frameworks, and until/if I pull Blur and replace with AOSP I'm not sure how much more can come out without affecting the user experience. I guess it's time to customize. :icon_ banana:

bikedude880

Reaction score
On the topic of size: stock is 171 apps, I've pulled all but 30ish from my alpha.

bikedude880

Reaction score
Only Blur is BlurPhone, blur-svc, and frameworks. Functionally? It can make calls, receive txt, and surf the web. Oh, and Market >:D

If yours is diet, mine is annorexic...

kickyindahead

Reaction score
ive been running this diet droid since it was posted yesterday and i am more than pleased with it ... omg .. i cant believe i just said i was ok with a stock rom .. i think i need to go to the hospital or something....

joeyx2

Reaction score
How do I get the stock browser back. I never really like any other browser.

draexo

Reaction score
ive been running this diet droid since it was posted yesterday and i am more than pleased with it ... omg .. i cant believe i just said i was ok with a stock rom .. i think i need to go to the hospital or something....

My wife is running stock leaked Gingerbread on her Droid X and it as- gasp- actually fairly ok.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums