Diet Droid "slimmed" D2G ROM

rusty815

Reaction score
From my understanding, freezing has the same effects as removing apps, except the app can be restored for later use, i.e. an update. Like i said before, you removed everything i would have, i would have replaced the stock launcher with something less laggy, like the stock froyo/gingerbread launcher or a good alternative from the market. I still experience lag on the stock blur launcher even after freezing everything i thought was slowing my system down.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Rusty Im currently using adw for my launcher. Might work it in soon. This is pretty much like frozen im just working on getting a base to build a custom rom off of and thought id share for those interested

kickasz23

Reaction score
is this now going to be the base of the grd team rom? and if not why are there going to be different roms for the same team?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'll probably use it as a base. As for why there would be different roms, because we each have started on others already + itll help get more roms pushed out. Each one is going to be different with different tweaks etc.

@Ultim8gamr
I'd be interested if you want to. I just want to get some exp under my belt and get some choices for us d2g users.

rockshox

Reaction score
I think the NFS apk is in /preinstall/app/com.ideaworks3d.nfsshift

eqforus5

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but what are the benefits of the slimmed down rom?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I have to say I am glad to see some roms (no matter how basic) are finally being pushed out for the d2g. This is my first android phone and I am enjoying making it mine.......I just wish I would have went for a d2 first.

If you need anyone to test, I have grown rather adept @ flashing.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
i cant find the dialer or the contacts. says not installed :icon_eek:

jt1359

Reaction score
is this now going to be the base of the grd team rom? and if not why are there going to be different roms for the same team?

Yeah, I was wondering that too, is there still going to be a GET-R-DONE ROM? Not that I don't want more options, I love all the work you guys are doing, but I think it would be great if there was at least one highly customizable, kickass ROM with tons of themes and add-ons so that you could still make it your own, without having to use different ROMs to get certain cool features.

Edit: Or is this the GET-R-DONE ROM?

eqforus5

Reaction score
I have to say I am glad to see some roms (no matter how basic) are finally being pushed out for the d2g. This is my first android phone and I am enjoying making it mine.......I just wish I would have went for a d2 first.

If you need anyone to test, I have grown rather adept @ flashing.

As he said if you need a tester I am willing. Always willing to help where needed. Wish I could do more to help you guys. If there is something I can do just let me know.

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
i cant find the dialer or the contacts. says not installed :icon_eek:
Sorry I pulled blur dialer and contacts from the latest release. Go into market and Download Go SMS and Go contacts for a very similar to stock dialer/text/contacts. This is getting basic. It will be to the point where you choose the selected Dialer you want, SMS client, etc. For now I am slowly removing blur.

We are the Get~R~Done Dev team. There will be a ROM released by the team that is themed and is customizable. Team DeFuse has Fission.
I do not have a timeline, BUT I would like to put out a Team Get~R~Done's rom in the near future and have a pending name and logo for it. hang tight

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but what are the benefits of the slimmed down rom?

A slimmed down ROM will not have all the unnecessary programs running in the background.
in this case, Slim=faster
Fat people run slower than slimmer people who don't have the extra baggage. Too slim and you don't have the necessary muscles to keep up, just like if we accidentally remove too much of the necessary framework/ essential apks.

Sorry if I've offended anyone with my analogy.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
if you need a tester of some sorts or whatever .. id be glad to be a test dummy .. i have backups of what i have running stable and not afraid to brick my phone so .. hit me with your best shot .. by the way .. love the boot animation!!!

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Lost radio solved! I removed BlurPhone and that was what caused it, so that's back in this batch. I have installed this zip from other versions of the slimmed without wiping data/cache and did not experience any problems with it. Not sure if it will need to have cache/data wiped coming from another ROM or from stock, My guess is yes but I haven't tested that yet. I will restore a nandroid later this afternoon when classes are over and see if I can get into Diet Droid without having to wipe cache/data from my non-deodexed stock nandroid.

DL link (tested & works):
D2G.GRD.slimmed.Ultim8gamr.4.13.11.v5.zip

Sorry I'm releasing this as soon as I'm finished so I haven't had time to update the list with what I've removed. I will try and to make a list this afternoon when I'm done with classes.

Next I plan to try and do away with the baseband update, so future releases may need to be starting out with either one of the current diet droid releases or stock 2.4.330 Moto

Disclaimer: You know the drill, If something happens its your problem. I nor anyone else will be responsible for your device. Flash at your own risk. Peace
:greendroid:
Gettin'~R~Done!!

woah ... ahhh .. not cool... loaded up this download link and the boot animation from the first one wasnt the one that showed up .. got the shimering android from fission .. can you send me a dl link to the green droid does boot animation that was on the first one?