Details on Google's Next Nexus 4G detailed; 4GLTE, Android 4.0, HiRes Display

bplewis24

Reaction score
Man, that would suck immensely if AT&T got the next Nexus phone. It wouldn't surprise me as it's just another cool phone that Verizon won't get AND AT&T seems to be stepping up their Android game ever since they lost iPhone exclusivity. However, it would still suck.

I would actually wait to purchase this phone instead of buying the Bionic if it came to Verizon.

Brandon

jogutier

Reaction score

illmatic636

Reaction score
Showing the hardware without showing the OS (screen shot) or something!!!
A lock screen, or home screen. Or even just a status bar!!.

Anyone see a screen shot of ICS 4.0?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Suppose I'll be the first to say those sound like sub-par camera specs by today's standards...1MP front facing camera? So much for the people wanting to use this phone for quality new-age phone sex. ;)

g_what

Reaction score
Man, that would suck immensely if AT&T got the next Nexus phone. It wouldn't surprise me as it's just another cool phone that Verizon won't get AND AT&T seems to be stepping up their Android game ever since they lost iPhone exclusivity. However, it would still suck.

I would actually wait to purchase this phone instead of buying the Bionic if it came to Verizon.

Brandon

I was pretty set on going for the Bionic as well, but if this Nexus is Verizon I'm all over it.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this phone is some sort of awesome. Wonder how much it'll be off-contract.

volando

Reaction score
What I really want: dual radio: GSM/CDMA and their respective 4G extensions... use on whatever network you want, when traveling, etc... /dreaming

matt2783

Reaction score
If this info is correct and it will have an LTE radio and ship Q3-Q4 this year, how could it be for any other carrier besides Verizon? I highly doubt any other carrier will have an LTE network up in running by then.

I'll remain skeptical though, a dual core 4g Nexus phone on Verizon just sounds too good to be true. If anything we'll probably get the Nexus S when this is being released to other carriers.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this info is correct and it will have an LTE radio and ship Q3-Q4 this year, how could it be for any other carrier besides Verizon? I highly doubt any other carrier will have an LTE network up in running by then.

I'll remain skeptical though, a dual core 4g Nexus phone on Verizon just sounds too good to be true. If anything we'll probably get the Nexus S when this is being released to other carriers.

AT&T as I said before...

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
this isnt actually their NEXT BIG NEXUS device...it has been said that Google is looking at HTC or LG for their next big device

King_Bean

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, I just want to know what the screen size will be. My next phone must be a 4.3 since I read a ton of articles and do a lot of internet browsing on my phone (long bus commute). I suppose there's a good chance it'll be 4.0, though, keeping in line with past Nexus based phones.

electric6

Reaction score
I can only dream of a pure google LTE 4.5 -5" dual core, fat RAM toting bada** phone on big red. If this actually does come out next spring(which is my prediction, seeing their horrid delays on everything else), then I'll be primed and ready to eBay my blunderbolt and upgrade to the Nexus, while grandfathering this sweet unlimited data in too.

This would literally be a phone that would not have to be rooted, so yeah

Like i said though, probably just a dream...:icon_eek:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can only dream of a pure google LTE 4.5 -5" dual core, fat RAM toting bada** phone on big red. If this actually does come out next spring(which is my prediction, seeing their horrid delays on everything else), then I'll be primed and ready to eBay my blunderbolt and upgrade to the Nexus, while grandfathering this sweet unlimited data in too.

This would literally be a phone that would not have to be rooted, so yeah

Like i said though, probably just a dream...:icon_eek:

Yep. Would absolutely ditch the bolt for this.