data connection lost - what to do?

Rumblur

Reaction score
When home, I enable wifi to save my data connection. Usually, when I turn it off the 3G comes on automatically. Or, if I leave the house and lose wifi, the 3G kicks on automatically.

But today I noticed it didnt. I toggled data connection off and on several times with both the button on the notifications bar and in the settings. Even though the button lit up (check mark on) there was nothing on the status bar and no connection present. Wifi works fine. I rebooted 3-4 times, no joy.

I retraced my steps mentally as far as what I've done since it worked last - I installed several apps - Fancy Widgets Pro, AdFree, Quake1 and DUMeter.

I uninstalled DUMeter, it changed nothing. I tried reverting AdFree, but it threw up an error about not finding the partition the host file was on.

What to do? I have CM7 loaded, and was just getting everything to my liking... but I cant live without a mobile data connection :(

mas90guru

Reaction score
I have had the same problem on my Droid X. Usually this happens in an area of weak Verizon signal. Symptoms are that there's zero data and/or the signal bars are all white.