Lost data connectivity

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Yup turned it back and forth a bunch. Airplance mode, and factory reset. Going to the store later and will report back for anyone having similiar issues. Thanks for trying to help!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Yep. Can't do 3g and calls at the same time, just like every other Verizon phone (other than the Thunderbolt).
Apparently if you are in a 4g area though you should be able to use data can calling at same time.

dknight0

Reaction score
verizon now admits this is a device problem

I bought the bionic 3 days ago. it NEVER was able to receive a 4G singal (not even in the store). Since then, it has constantly dropped the 3G and 1X connections... Rebooting usually fixed it... but today, not even pulling the battery, or setting to cdma only or toggling airplane (or turning-off wifi) would help get it back. I spent an hour on the phone with verizon tech supprot and they finally (after not being able to fix it), admitted there was a "known device issue with teh Droid Bionic".

I have gotten an RMA including a credit on my 'restocking fee'. I will be demanding my $$ back on the screen protector too ($15).

they should not have released such a buggy phone to the market. My droid 1 was much better.

dknight0

Reaction score
I was able to make calls while browsing the web or getting maps on my droid 1. I never understood the folks who said it didn't work. I was even confronted by a machole who called me a liar. I then proved it by calling him, and while on the phone, used my web browser and maps with wifi turned-off. worked like a charm.