Damn glad I went with my instincts and got the razr instead of the Nexus..

tc1

Reaction score
Just like I thought, the radios in the Nexus are terrible.

All the bells and whistles in the world mean nothing if you have a lousy signal or no data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jayb

Reaction score
If you make the signal indicator light up more bars it will be better. :D Easy fix just like the antenna gate on icrap.

jayb

Reaction score
I agree completely I wanted to say more.

Androidatic

Reaction score
Don't forget that devs are still updating their apps to work with ICS and there are still a lot of them out there that won't work with ICS yet.

Personally, I think you made a wise decision. When I handled both, the Razr felt like a solid, well built phone while the GN felt like a plastic toy.

We'll get ICS soon enough, after some of the bugs are worked out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
Saying you are happy with your purchase should not be a problem.

Hell even bashing the Nexus shouldn't be a problem since its posted in the razr fourm.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ok gentlemen. The thread is open...for now :)

In all seriousness though this topic is treading on some very thin ice because the Nexus owners are dealing with a very troublesome issue and when people come in here poking fun at it it can lead to a lot of problems. I do not like to have to come into threads and issue these statements but this is a very touchy subject as you all know.

So gentlemen, please keep the discussion civil among yourselves. I am giving the thread ONE more chance but if it gets crazy in here again an airstrike will be called in. We have some of the best pilots on the web and they can take out targets very quickly :)

Thank you for understanding our position here.

Zandar

Reaction score
I agree that we shouldn't simply have flame threads, but threads like this one are useful for people surfing the net who are looking for an honest assessment of which phone they ought to get. If you don't leave it open for them, at least do it for the children.

robert70

Reaction score
Since I'm fairly new to all of this, I must say that reading all this stuff has been very informative. When I do upgrade in Feb from my x2 to something better I could not decide between the razr and the gn, My wife works in a place where they deal with a wide varioty of motor products and from everything I ha e read from Internal reports I swore I would never own a moto product, then I was given my x2 this this is the bee's knees, then one of my best friends picked up the Gn, and my wife upgraded to the razr so I had the chance to put all three side by side, yet still unable to decide, then I started reading threw the forums, and I will definatly be upgrading to the razr or even the razr Maxx if its out by then " probably not " . So I think threads that are like this and say what ppl really think are essential as long as its said in good taste, ie no cussing no putting others down for their choice.

That all being said I shall close my mouth and go back to being a newbie.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my phone and has had hardly any major problems so far but a quick question: what was the latest update about?

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

Zandar

Reaction score
The latest update was to speed up the camera focus and improve the 3G-4G handoff. Seems to have worked great (I was in the soak test and have been able to try it out for several days, now).

Kimo91

Reaction score
The latest update was to speed up the camera focus and improve the 3G-4G handoff. Seems to have worked great (I was in the soak test and have been able to try it out for several days, now).

Nice, I just updated my phone this morning so I'll give it a good test run tonight

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
My only complaint with the razr is the messaging bugs.

My razr sometimes will delete text from the inbox if I 1st drag the notification down from the notification bar.

Also sometimes if I choose to send a message using the favorites widget, it just opens a text with a blank recipient. I have to then pick from my contacts.

Defeats the whole purpose