How the 4g signal on the razr compared to the rezound and nexus?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Currently I have the nexus and I am very unhappy with the 4g signal on it. I have a upgrade available and I was going to give my wife the nexus and I get the razr. I had the rezound and loved how I got a good 4g signal where I was at. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Natasfonos

Reaction score
I can't compare to the resound or nexus but I can compare the Razr to the Samsung Charge.

There is no comparison. The Razr just works.
With the Razr, I never have to manually switch between cdma and lte.
With the Charge, I would have 1X while my son's Fascinate had full 3G, then I'd switch to cdma to get 3g. When in 4g area, I'd again have 1X while he has 3g and have to manually switch to lte.
Not the Razr. I'm sure the setting is in the same place but I've never had to find it.
I drive truck, nation wide and this was the case everywhere. Now, again, the Razr just works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Hate Siglines!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

vonfink13

Reaction score
I have no issues with my 4g signal at all....it just works...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Thats what I would like to hear. I just hate the signal on the nexus. Its really bad compared to the bionic.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I can't speak about the connection on the Rezounds vs RAZR but my buddies Nexus can't hold 4G when I'm getting it. Actually he's losing data a lot as well. We are side by side. Ill see him tomorrow and see how its going.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Androidatic

Reaction score
Razr connection is rock solid. One of the strong points of Moto phones is the signal strength and the Razr is no exception.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thats what I would like to hear. I just hate the signal on the nexus. Its really bad compared to the bionic.

I also can not attest to the performance or lack thereof with regard to the GNex, but if there are two things Motorola is always noted for, they are build quality (durability, quality of materials, solid feel, withstand abuse), and their radios being the best (the ability to obtain, hold, and perform with even a very low signal level). It's no surprise that Motorola's radios are generally considered the best. After all, they did invent the first portable cell phone, and have been behind many if not most of the major innovations in communication technology in the past century. Many comparisons mention the Motorola being able to hold a call with no interruptions in places where other manufacturer's phones either cut out intermittently, stutter, or drop the call altogether.

I am VERY pleased with my RAZR, and I am in an area where I often only get 1 bar with 3G in my home, yet I can surf and talk with no problem. When I am in a 4G area, I am surfing while talking, and streaming FLAC audio (upwards of 900Kbps) with no interruptions. The thing just works.

SallyC

Reaction score
My last phone didn't get any signal at home half the time and neither did our visitor's phones. They'd go dead in a hurry trying but we have a lake on one side and only one tower I know of on the other side. However, I have remarked many times after I got the RAZR that I always have a signal and no problems at all with connection - it's amazing to me. I didn't know what others have said about Motorola phones so maybe that's it. All I know is it works!!!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I see some speed test shots from different phones.....

This is from a Razr....full bars.
c6918f02-902d-ac70.jpg

Last edited:

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks, I think this thread has helped me make up my mind. Buying at least two phones to replace my wife's original and my sons Incredible. I have a Charge that's better than the Original it replaced, but just not sure about Samsungs reception. Have been on CDMA only the last few days to maintain signal, and may be network issue but never had an issue with Motorola's I have owned.

Thanks again.