Razr vs Nexus.....and the BIAS reviews start!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by Wopback, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Wopback

Wopback New Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Did you watch and listen to both videos? I think the videos and what he says throughout speak for themselves :)

Re-watch them and you will see what device he actually favors.

They need to fix that horrendous lag between landscape and portrait on the Nexus.
  3. Wopback

Wopback New Member

I watched both....horrible camera, super lag, and ics is complicated.etc......

Was not impressed.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

To be perfectly honest I love what Moto did with their UI. Much more fluid, nice animations and the UI is themed to take advantage of the screen (Blacks)

Stock 4.0 is not great looking. Dev community will fix that.

This is Android's weakest link. It's not a great looking UI in it's naked form. It takes manufacturers and devs to make it look nice.
  5. DeeMat

DeeMat New Member

The portrait to landscape lag on the GN is scary.
  6. Lars

Lars New Member

I was really hoping he would long press on Madden 12 or Let's Golf because they are removable. The other bloatware is not, but I feel like they should do a little more tinkering before making false claims. Also, is the Nexus screen 4.65" total, but only 4.35" when you consider the on-screen buttons? He keeps referencing the bigger screen, but once you consider the buttons they would be nearly the same size...?

Anyways, I am still considering the Nexus if the reviews are good, but I think people are too quick to write off how great the Razr actually is.
  7. Tyler_C

Tyler_C New Member

I also think motorola has better hardware than Samsung. They just seem more durable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  8. gthotie5

gthotie5 New Member

The lag on the Nexus makes me cry.....I couldn't care less about the camera but the lag :(
    Hopefully it can be fixed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  9. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Durable software? Google vanilla software is much better than any of the skinned android in my opinion

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums
  10. Tyler_C

Tyler_C New Member

Im sorry I meant hardware. I also agree google vanilla is the best and purest Android rom. Sorry for the typo.

11. Androidatic

Androidatic New Member

I think it's just the opposite. Sammys have better software bu the radios and build are sub-par. Moto's hardware is second to only Apple (maybe) but their software is inferior.
  12. Tyler_C

Tyler_C New Member

Yeah I agree. That was a typo. Sorry it meant to say software. Moto hardware is by far the best. Hence to why google made that purchase!

13. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

IMO when the Razr gets ICS it will be much better than the GN.
  14. Wopback

Wopback New Member

May possibly already be better.....but yeah ICS on the razr will be sweet!!

15. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

I'd have to say Moto's hardware is easily better.. drop the iphone a little wrong, shattered class either on the back or screen. Many of my friends have broken screens on their iPhones. Don't know how they drop it so much, but yeah.

Also I don't think Aarons review is biased. If you watch his GNex review, he mentions quite a bit this isn't the phone for everyone, whereas the RAZR is more user friendly and has better hardware specs.

I'm personally picking up the GNex as I want a "pure" Google phone, and if that doesn't turn out to by my fancy, ill likely get the Droid 4.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  16. droidbionicmaster

droidbionicmaster New Member

Razr hands down is better then the nexus the nexus has one thing going for it and that's ice cream sandwich. 2 months from now moto will push 4.1 or 4.2 out. The nexus could have better specs. But the Razr has more going then the nexus in my opinion. Antenna wise moto has a better antenna they have it set up so when your about to drop a call.the phone uses more battery to strengthen the signal.

17. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Nexus: diehard, fanboy, nerd phone... ;P

To all you razr fans. How's that removable battery, on screen buttons, nfc, unlocked bootloader, and ICS treating you? Oh, nvm... Those are nexus things, sorry. ;)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!
  18. Kimo91

Kimo91 New Member

How are you enjoying your GNex? Oh that's right you don't own one yet and the release date got pushed back....yet once again

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr
  19. faust0230

faust0230 New Member

Still feeling bionic with update around the corner... Feel even better that I didn't wait... Rzr just felt awkward in my hands... To each his own
    May not be able to resist Asus though in February :cool:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  20. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Removable battery.....not an issue. Not yet anyway. Also not an issue for ppl with Tablets....:happy3: Removable storage for me right now is tho...:happy3:

On screen buttons? I actually miss the hard buttons from my Droid X1. I got a feeling its not gonna be that much different if I had a G Nex. IF on screen ones get in the way like capacitive ones....its a wash for playing games for me. :happy3:

NFC....would be nice to have an try out :happy3:

Bootloader...hasnt been an issue for me since the DX1....wont be one now...for me. I barely run custom ROMs on my Droid 1 as is. And put on a total one 1 on my DX1...:happy3: See, for me custom ROMs doesnt outweigh the overall ....phone....experience. Bootloader didnt matter when I got the DX1 and the Fascinate came out...doesnt matter now. And since for most custom ROMs I only really used and liked a few features....apps from the Market or XDA ftw...:happy3:

ICS....will be nice to have...when it comes.....also like whenever the G Nex comes....:happy3:

So for me NFC and ICS are the only things I like to have from the G Nex that you mentioned. Surprised you didnt mention the display...And since before ICS IMO stock Android on phones was too plain and boring...I actually like the custom UI's. Maybe ICS will finally change my opinion.

:icon_ devil:

I've said this a few times already....forget the G Nex...I finally saw a Bionic the other day and spent some time with it.....very nice phone. I might wind up with all 3 at one point and wind up keeping 2, maybe... Only thing that would make me think of switching the RAZR to a Bionic is the battery and screen brightness, outdoor use. And since I plan on going the external battery pack route for a 3DS, Vita...I might as well use it for my smartphones too, removable battery phones too. iTrent sells a nice size one. So the screens side by side would be the kicker. And which would I like more. I have to say....after using Amoled...I dont think I can go back to LCD.

About bias....funny how to some ppl being thin is a knock against the RAZR....yet when the GS2 international came out.....thin was in.....and that was "the best Android phone evaaar!!!" I bet if the G Nex was as thin as the RAZR....it would be seen as a good thing to some ppl.