Traded my Nexus for the Razr and not looking back

bigjunior45

Reaction score
I traded my Nexus for the Razor manly because of the speaker, camera, reception, signal, and hassle free. But as an avid cellphone photographer the camera on the Nexus was just horrid. One major reason was the camera. I had the iPhone 4 and had almost 1k photos in under a year with the phone plus having a niece, nephew, attending football games its hard not to take a picture w/ my phone. Here are some examples of the picture quality of the Nexus compared to the Razr. I'm glad I made the switch and the Razr is a pretty sweet phone. The only complaint I have with the Razr is that the YouTube app's video quality seems to look a little darker compared to the Nexus and the HD picture looks ok....not good but not bad.

The Nexus camera takes great pictures outside but once you're in a low lite room/area thats when this camera goes to crap. Here I took a picture of some lights by my fireplace and the Christmas tree in the background and you will see hoe much of an improvement the Razr's stock camera is compared to the Nexus

Nexus - taken w/ stock camera using flash and no edits
img20120102151715.jpg

Razr - taken w/ stock camera using flash and no edits
20120106191109337.jpg

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Not a fair comparison ...the TV was in the Samsungs picture and not Razrs...I have the razr and this camera is barley adequate ...a disappointment for a 700.00 phone .. ...not even close to the 5mp on the iPhone 4...and about as good as the camera on my 18bmonth old droid x.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Zandar

Reaction score
The camera on the iPhone 4 was notoriously sub-par. It oversaturated like crazy, which made for vibrant shots (to fool the masses) with horrid fidelity. The RAZR's camera isn't the best out there, but it also is far from the worst; and it's far and away better than the iPhone 4's. The 4S, on the other hand, has one of the better shooters out there, but not that much better than the RAZR's.

The only phone camera that's really any good is the Nokia N8's, but that phone sucks in every other department.

Sliced from my RAZR

samiusmc

Reaction score
I got rid of my Nexus, not because of the camera, because it just couldn't hold a decent 3G or 4G signal and took forever to find GPS. I'm glad you like the Razr.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I agree with the Razr camera. I have blown up some of my pics to 4 x 6 and even one to 5 x 7 and they look fine.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I traded my Nexus for the Razor manly because of the speaker, camera, reception, signal, and hassle free. But as an avid cellphone photographer the camera on the Nexus was just horrid. One major reason was the camera. I had the iPhone 4 and had almost 1k photos in under a year with the phone plus having a niece, nephew, attending football games its hard not to take a picture w/ my phone. Here are some examples of the picture quality of the Nexus compared to the Razr. I'm glad I made the switch and the Razr is a pretty sweet phone. The only complaint I have with the Razr is that the YouTube app's video quality seems to look a little darker compared to the Nexus and the HD picture looks ok....not good but not bad.

The Nexus camera takes great pictures outside but once you're in a low lite room/area thats when this camera goes to crap. Here I took a picture of some lights by my fireplace and the Christmas tree in the background and you will see hoe much of an improvement the Razr's stock camera is compared to the Nexus

Nexus - taken w/ stock camera using flush and no edits
View attachment 45530

Razr - taken w/ stock camera using flash and no edits
View attachment 45529

Holy crap !!!!! I've compared the two before but damn bro! Wow.

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the Razr...it is definitely a great phone...

OP
bigjunior45

bigjunior45

Reaction score
Not a fair comparison ...the TV was in the Samsungs picture and not Razrs...I have the razr and this camera is barley adequate ...a disappointment for a 700.00 phone .. ...not even close to the 5mp on the iPhone 4...and about as good as the camera on my 18bmonth old droid x.

I'll take another picture tonight with the tv in the picture.

Kimo91

Reaction score
You know not trying to ruffle any feathers but I've read from other sites how people will drop kick the GNex for the Razr and I don't have verifiable stats just from what I'm reading. More people do that than the other way around. Good to hear that you found a phone you'll enjoy

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

OP
bigjunior45

bigjunior45

Reaction score
Not a fair comparison ...the TV was in the Samsungs picture and not Razrs...I have the razr and this camera is barley adequate ...a disappointment for a 700.00 phone .. ...not even close to the 5mp on the iPhone 4...and about as good as the camera on my 18bmonth old droid x. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Is this a better comparison now?
20120107164915534.jpg

Maybe your flush caused a camera shake? Looks like you did not flush while handling the Razr... :biggrin:
Sorry, could not resist!
HA ya you're probably right