Razr vs Nexus.....and the BIAS reviews start!

Htown315

Reaction score
We all have opinions and likes, it's all good people.

In my opinion as long as the build quality and radio are up to snuff the gnex wins. I secretly want a D4 tho ;)

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I agree. But at the same time...I do try to give credit where credit is due. Samsung for the most part makes a nice device overall, even if it isnt as good in some areas as other phones. **thats the case with ANY phone. No phone is perfect** They are usually great in the multimedia dept. They usually are a step ahead in the screen, cpu/gpu dept, and have decent features. Last year I was on the verge of getting a Fascinate to go along with my Droid X1...just based on features and specs....lol. I wish I woulda got in on the family plan deals they had last year...If you look at the Galaxy S 1, 2, Nexus S, Charge ppl liked them for more than just the ROMs. Next to the Nexus S they all pretty much were open as far as ROMs.

IF Verizon markets the G Nex as good as they do Droid phones...it could have tremendous sales. IF Verizon markets it right, it can appeal to the masses. It has the specs and features to appeal to the masses already. Most of these Android phones do. Even tho the G Nex will be a dev phone, out the box, unrooted it can and should have major appeal to the masses. Most might get it just because its by Samsung. Most might get it based on having good experiences with past Samsung phones.

So to say most will get it cuz its a Nexus and good for ROMs...I feel thats selling it a lil short IMO. If it wasnt a Nexus it would still be a great phone. If it had a encrypted bootloader it would still be a great phone.

I agree that Samsung seems like they are always the best in the screen, cpu/gpu dept. Just look at there new Exynos CPU's. There amazing. There build quality might not be the best but from what I have heard the Galaxy Nexus build quality isn't like there other phones. I have heard it feels more solid.

Here a comment I put on Droid-life that I think pretty much sums it up.
The RAZR isn't better then Nexus and the Nexus isn't better then the RAZR. Want to know why? Its because everyone has there opinions. Some people will think the RAZR is way better and others will think the Nexus is way better. To me I think the Nexus is better for me because its the best phone to root and rom, is a pure Google experience, has a amazing screen, and will get updates first.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
If the nexus turns out to have a good camera and good battery, ill get it. Hardware is most important because software is mostly interchangable, that's the benefit of android. If I'm not impressed by the Nexus hardware, ill get the RAZR.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Very good post jroc. To say this phone is better than that phone is subjective. The only time things like this come into question is when one phone suffers from hardware and software issues. If phone X has screen issues and plaqued by random reboots and phone Y just works the argument could be made that phone Y is better. Other than that it's all just personal OPINION.

Fact of the matter is that all these new phones are pretty phenomenal. I don't think there is a weak one in the line-up. I will say though that the RAZR stands out from the crowd because of one simple thing. It's a big thing though. Innovation. There is not a phone out or coming out (that we know of) that comes close to it's hardware (shell/materials/thinness) innovation.

And the nexus curved screen, new material for glass...ics. face unlock. Nfc. Etc all these are not innovation but using Kevlar is? I bet when the nexus comes out even with no Kevlar it'll still be more resistant to falling. Thinness isn't innovation. Its design. Razor line has always been famous for thin phones. This is just a thin android. And by better I mean the phone will perform better, better browser experience and so on. The razr isn't exactly known for anything except that Kevlar or being thin.

Cant say the same about the nexus. Its the most anticipated phone for 2011.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
What's wrong with ICS? How long have you been trying it out for?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Haven't tried it of course.....looking g at the reviews on it, I was just expecting more, but hey I may try it and say something else

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SANhacker

Reaction score
The SD Card or lack thereof, made this an easy decision for me. I have to be able to pull the SD out of my DSLR and plug it into my phone to upload my pictures to the web.

This made ICS, Kevlar, on board camera, plastic, metal, Blur, Pure Android and everything else become secondary.

Like someone else said, they are all good phones. Just buy the one that fits your needs and enjoy. :biggrin:

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Thinness isn't innovation. Its design.
Agreed. However, the shape of the glass and the type of glass, unless they do something new and better, are just design as well.

As for ICS, I'd prefer not to have the phone that has it first. I don't want to be an early adopter on any new major revision.

Cant say the same about the nexus. Its the most anticipated phone for 2011.
Says who? How well it sells, will have a lot to do with how big of a push it gets. Right now, VZW is giving the RAZR a massive push.

As of now, I'm eligible for an upgrade, and the RAZR is the preferable device (for me).

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Exactly..and I thought the most anticipated phone for 2011 was.....the iPhone 4S...lol.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Jroc, the 4S Was the most anticipated phone of 2011 lol. I happen to have one on AT&T. But I also have a RAZR on Verizon. Tried out the Rezound first but Sense just doesn't excite me. I've held the dummy unit of a GN in the store. Feels pretty nice. If the GN was made by Motorola or even HTC, as the first Nexus was, then I'd be all over it. But not a Samsung fan. Not even a little bit. I'd love to see a Motorola Nexus in the future, and we might. But I think Google bought them simply because of patents. We shall see. I think Motorola has done some very nice things with the software on the RAZR, and I personally think an ICS RAZR will be far far better than an ICS GN.

Just my .02

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Its all preference too.....for me no SD card, no HDMI, and its Samsung plastic made my decision easy......Razr

satarecah

Reaction score
Agree about Samsung vs. Moto phones and reception. So far its been that way before Android even came out. Dating back to a Moto E815 and Samsung u740...

And when those Tegra 3 phones start getting close to release date....you will hear folks saying the G Nex is "outdated" Its almost getting as bad as the PC market.

That will never happen when i have to start swapping hardware outa my phone... i hope some one kills me... like really its bad enough that you can tinker with laptops... the fact i buy a "TOP OF THE LINE GFX CARD !!! " like every year is getting annoying... 6800... 7950gt... 8800... 9800.... 260.... now my 590.... so far the only thing that hasent out dated is my new mobo and i7 quad extreme thank god D:< as for tegra 3 i feel they are further off than people think lol i give it till end of summer

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
ICS on the Razr actually looks nice

Reaction score
The nexus having issue and all the hype ah just like the bionic.