CyanogenMod 5.0.7 for Droid on ROM Manager

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
will someone please tell me how to get #pin lock instead of pattern for my lockscreen to work....

think of it as a keypad without the numbers - no pattern, just select dots

oooooo i was thinking of something like the iphone...buuuut even saying that...when i select "pin lock" and go to my lockscreen...it is blank...then goes to my homescreen after 2 seconds (which i chose while testing things out)

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find where I could set the PIN code for the new pin lockscreen. Anyone else?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find where I could set the PIN code for the new pin lockscreen. Anyone else?

im in the same boat...pdroid said it wasnt numbers but just dots...but either way when i enable pin lock my lockscreen is blank

darksiiide

Reaction score
Once you enable pin lock, go back up and set the pattern.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PDR447

Reaction score
darksiide got it right... enable pin > set pattern unlock.

supersaki

Reaction score
just get wireless tether from the market.

any kernel in rom manager will work(bekit included)

better? that's subjective... not gonna get into that!

Are there any "differences"/"reasons" why I would use this ROM over Bugless Beast?

-Mike

All the cool kids do it :rockon:

Oh, I know that the wireless.apk is in the market; I was just more concerned about what omni-tethering was.

edit: ah, someone kinda already explained what it was

i downloaded the one from the xda site and try to install the wireless tether app and every time i go to install it says " Application not installed" and i just tried the one on the android market and when i try to install it goes through just like the other one i got and says "Installation Error - Incompatible update". I hope this gets fixed

I had a similar issue with a themed Maps that I tried to update. Problem was the .apk was removed but not all the data.

If you go to Settings > Manage Applications :: Filter > All, look for the wireless tether .apk and it should be 0.0 bytes (it may be named com.<somethinglikewirelesstether>.apk)

Then go to cyanogenmod.com and search the wiki for 'barebones' and it will give info on uninstalling apps. Specifically, the command you need to run is the 'pm uninstall <app>'. Use the 0.0 byte app name to completely remove it from your phone, then you can install from the market again. I did this through adb, but you may be able to use the terminal emulator.

Hope this helps.

mcapozzi

Reaction score

Are there any "differences"/"reasons" why I would use this ROM over Bugless Beast?

-Mike

I really don't like getting into this "which is better" debate.

CM has some tweaks that are not present/possible in other roms. song skip vial volume long press is one.

if you need me to convince you to use it, don't use it. if you wanna try, go for it.

No, I just don't know what the differences are between the ROMs (I'm sort of new here).

On the Sprint Hero, the ROM devs were fairly specific about what differentiates the ROMs.

borgey401

Reaction score
Sick ROM Koush. This one is def going down in the books as one of the best ROMs out for the Droid. This is the only ROM I am willing to flash over BB 1.0

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

-Mike

I really don't like getting into this "which is better" debate.

CM has some tweaks that are not present/possible in other roms. song skip vial volume long press is one.

if you need me to convince you to use it, don't use it. if you wanna try, go for it.

No, I just don't know what the differences are between the ROMs (I'm sort of new here).

On the Sprint Hero, the ROM devs were fairly specific about what differentiates the ROMs.

This newest version has a few things that you won't find in Pete's BB 1.0 - perhaps apps2sd is the best example, but there's a few options in spare parts that do really cool things as well, like remove the clock, change text colors, etc. Check out the changelog I posted in the OP.

BB 1.0 is a great ROM, so if you're happy with it, no worries.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far this works really great! One thing though I noticed that there was an option in the call settings to silence the phone by turning the phone over. However, it doesn't seem to work. Is this one of the residuals left from the Nexus port that aren't compatible with the Droid?

PDR447

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to confirm personally but a guy on the IRC just said flip for silence worked for him.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to confirm personally but a guy on the IRC just said flip for silence worked for him.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try playing around with it tomorrow. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way, thanks PDR447 for providing a lot of support here at DF, I know how busy you are over at CyanogenMod forum.