[ROM] [CDMA][ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Fully Open Source](03/15/12)

1quickv6

Reaction score
Is droid forums dead? I remember with my droid after a release the forums would be too busy to even keep up with posts. Now hardly anything gets posted, ive since joined rootzwiki seems to be plenty of traffic there. I'm just suprised of the lack of traffic here, it wouldn't suprise me if dev's stopped posting here.

I've noticed it gets pretty quiet around here too. But this site is the first one I check in the mornings so I hope devs don't jump ship. :blink:

I also lurk on Rootz as they have more Dev content, imo.

And to stay on topic, I'm very impressed with the latest release of CNA. I haven't had any issues yet and love this ROM more and more with each release. DancingNexus

Shaneathan

Reaction score
On 1.5 I'm still getting freezes. I don't understand why this problem hasn't been fixed yet. When I was on 1.4 I switched the voltages and what not and still got freezes - in fact, that also killed my battery life. I'm probably gonna end up switching ROMs because I'm tired of taking off/putting on the Otterbox to do a battery pull.

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
On 1.5 I'm still getting freezes. I don't understand why this problem hasn't been fixed yet. When I was on 1.4 I switched the voltages and what not and still got freezes - in fact, that also killed my battery life. I'm probably gonna end up switching ROMs because I'm tired of taking off/putting on the Otterbox to do a battery pull.

Yea, I've been having the same issues on 1.5.5. Just like you said, the freezes went away when I bumped the voltages on the older versions, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Must be something else causing it. Also, for some reason, the WiFi and Bluetooth doesn't stay connected anymore in 1.5.5. I'm guessing it's the new kernel. This ROM started out awesome and has been really inconsistent throughout each release. I'm probably just going to switch to CM9 when it's closer to a stable release.

PARick

Reaction score
I have not had a single issue since flashing this Rom. It is functioning flawlessly for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

PARick

Reaction score
I have not had a single issue since flashing this Rom. It is functioning flawlessly for me.

I should have noted that I am using Apex.

Devo_

Reaction score
I should have noted that I am using Apex.

Apex launcher right? Saw it on the market.. was curious about it. I'm having zero problem with the stock cnd launcher, what makes apex better?

PARick

Reaction score
Apex launcher right? Saw it on the market.. was curious about it. I'm having zero problem with the stock cnd launcher, what makes apex better?

Yes, Apex Launcher. The level of customization, resizing widgets, installing widgets with a long press. Try it, it is exceptional.

recklessmortal

Reaction score
Ics 4.0.5

Will Codename Android attempt to keep the base code reasonably up to date over time? I read that 4.0.5 is soon to be released for the Galaxy Nexus and I would LOVE if Codename Android was based off of that code.

I honestly don't know how difficult it is to do what I'm asking though, so you'll get no riot from me if it's not reasonably feasible.

Thanks!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I think it's safe to assume most, if not all ROMs, will be updating to 4.0.5 when it become available.

Of course it is still an assumption.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will Codename Android attempt to keep the base code reasonably up to date over time? I read that 4.0.5 is soon to be released for the Galaxy Nexus and I would LOVE if Codename Android was based off of that code.

I honestly don't know how difficult it is to do what I'm asking though, so you'll get no riot from me if it's not reasonably feasible.

Thanks!

It will depend on Google releasing the source for 4.0.5. If this is a Verizon build only, like 4.0.4, we may not see it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah I just saw that it may be a VZW build. I guess we shall have to see...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

umx

Reaction score
is there a better kernal that will improve battery life with 1.5.5

Last edited:

lugzey

Reaction score
Google Wallet

Everything is great with the exception of the Wallet. It didn't work this morning at McD's. Any suggestions. Told me the device was not supported.