Reaction score
is everyone here rooted? cause mine has been fine
Not I.
rolleyes.gif

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So let's check 3g coverage? When I had this happen to me. I erased my sycned account and resynced it. then pulled the battery and it fixed its self.

OP
M

Matth3w

Does it on wifi and 3g. Need to fix this asap

OP
M

Matth3w

Also to rysnc I have to factory reset which I don't want to really do while trying to visit my mother in the hospital

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My gmail works great and it's the only account I have. Just got a notification. Sorry you're having problems, wish I could give you a suggestion that somebody else hasn't already given you.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also to rysnc I have to factory reset which I don't want to really do while trying to visit my mother in the hospital

Thats not accurate..go in to setting > accounts and sync > click on the gmail account> remove. After it removes...go back and add a new account. Simple. No factory reset needed

Newton122189

Reaction score

Thats not accurate..go in to setting > accounts and sync > click on the gmail account> remove. After it removes...go back and add a new account. Simple. No factory reset needed

actually matth3w's right, have you ever actually gone through the process of removing the gmail account, it says something like some applications require this in order to function in order to remove this account blah blah blah factory reset

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

actually matth3w's right, have you ever actually gone through the process of removing the gmail account, it says something like some applications require this in order to function in order to remove this account blah blah blah factory reset

It removes your contacts and email stuff. Let the warning pass. It works I have done it. Then re-add it. Factroy reset isnt necessary to do this. He just needs to kick start his gmail account. You can also go in to calnader in your gmail account. At the top of the screen click sync then android and let it send the calander. It may fix it's self (not sure). Remeber he is rooted I think with sholes. So not everything works all the time with that stuff ( I actually think rooting or rom's are a huge waist of time)

Newton122189

Reaction score

It removes your contacts and email stuff. Let the warning pass. It works I have done it. Then re-add it. Factroy reset isnt necessary to do this. He just needs to kick start his gmail account. You can also go in to calnader in your gmail account. At the top of the screen click sync then android and let it send the calander. It may fix it's self (not sure). Remeber he is rooted I think with sholes. So not everything works all the time with that stuff ( I actually think rooting or rom's are a huge waist of time)

well thats good to know, i just saw that warning message and was like mannnn, but i'll take your word for it

oh and roms and rooting are good if you need it for a specific function ie. wifi tether, thats what got me into all this stuff and once you get going its kinda fun to see how much you can personalize the phone

just my two cents

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

well thats good to know, i just saw that warning message and was like mannnn, but i'll take your word for it

oh and roms and rooting are good if you need it for a specific function ie. wifi tether, thats what got me into all this stuff and once you get going its kinda fun to see how much you can personalize the phone

just my two cents

there i don't disagree. If you need that teathering or something I guess i see it. I was a huge fan of BB Hybrids by BBCrackman when i had a storm 1. It needed all the help it can get. Now I can see what the differences are. I think most people should just leave it at stock (maybe add a them which is very cool) and not mess with what works. Though I am sure I could be wrong on the position too

Newton122189

Reaction score

just my two cents

there i don't disagree. If you need that teathering or something I guess i see it. I was a huge fan of BB Hybrids by BBCrackman when i had a storm 1. It needed all the help it can get. Now I can see what the differences are. I think most people should just leave it at stock (maybe add a them which is very cool) and not mess with what works. Though I am sure I could be wrong on the position too

i agree, the phone is so powerful when its stock that the majority of people shouldnt root, i feel like way to many people do it just cuz its "rooted" like its just kinda cool to do, I had no inclination to root whatsoever until they came out with wifi tether and then i was like mannnn im gonna have to do this now, im not even too much of a theme guy, my sholesmod is 95% stock theme

toddhoof

Reaction score
im pretty new to all this stuff but i had the same issue with gmail pushing. only way i would get email was to manually refresh. what i found is google talk had to be running for the push to be automatic. i didnt use talk so i had turned it off or an app killer was turining it off (which i dont see the need for so removed). of course when you reboot your phone google talk will start to run on start up...not sure if i could help but this is what seemd to work for me....

OP
M

Matth3w

im pretty new to all this stuff but i had the same issue with gmail pushing. only way i would get email was to manually refresh. what i found is google talk had to be running for the push to be automatic. i didnt use talk so i had turned it off or an app killer was turining it off (which i dont see the need for so removed). of course when you reboot your phone google talk will start to run on start up...not sure if i could help but this is what seemd to work for me....

This advice might save the ****ing day. I had gtalk disabled by autostarts. Rebooted the phone. Can someone send me an email at matthew dot allan dot jones at gmail dot com?