Gmail sync problems

Brian317

Reaction score
My Moto Droid decided to stop being synced with my Gmail account. When I go to "accounts and sync" it shows that my gmail sync is off. so, i turn it on. but it's only temporary. the "auto sync" box is checked, too. but it seems i keep going days without being notified of my emails, and i go back, and sure enough the auto sync box is unchecked and my gmail sync is turned off. Anybody know what the issue is? Do i have something screwed up in my settings or is this some kind of bug i need fixed?

Thanks.

ruinah

Reaction score
My Moto Droid decided to stop being synced with my Gmail account. When I go to "accounts and sync" it shows that my gmail sync is off. so, i turn it on. but it's only temporary. the "auto sync" box is checked, too. but it seems i keep going days without being notified of my emails, and i go back, and sure enough the auto sync box is unchecked and my gmail sync is turned off. Anybody know what the issue is? Do i have something screwed up in my settings or is this some kind of bug i need fixed?

Thanks.

I had the same issue this morning. Reboot the phone and it started working again. This happens every few weeks to me (5-6 weeks). I just landed in a different timezone so I think that could have been part of it.

toddhoof

Reaction score
the reason the reboot works is that when you reboot google talk gets turned back on. GT has to be active for gmail syn even with sync on...