Cracked DROID

root.this

Reaction score
Any help and/or TS guidance is appreciated.

I suspect that my phone has been cracked -intentionally- by a former Verizon employee and an ex. My phone seems to be operating on its own sometimes; the settings become misconfigured easily, and the stalking ex e-mailed my entire Gmail contacts list (family/friends/business associates) with pictures of himself - a full two months after I had a restraining order enforced.

Verizon has been of little help, I know better than to call police (already have a restraining order). There are prefetch, batch operations running before I even begin using the phone. One of them is called "activity launcher" . When I lower my security settings in ATK I can see all running services, and despite my best attempts I am unable to stop the VPN and Bluetooth services.

The biggest clue that this nutjob is responsible is a silly crank call. He called and hungup from a private number; except he did not hang up all the way and I could hear him telling someone else to watch as I drove west on a street. I was on the exact street he named, and driving westward. It was not a familiar or usual route.

There is the possibility he has accessed my phone. I have hard reset it and gotten a replacement. His friend is a thug who used to work for Verizon and could be helping him to access my settings. I don't know enough about it to be able to determine the likelihood or even possibility of something like that.

I am not a paranoid person. I just want these people to leave me and my circle of acquaintances alone. It's making me feel crazy. I appreciate any help offered. I have a very limited technical proficiency but am good at following instructions.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Activity Launcher is your home launcher, without it your phone wouldn't do much of anything...besides your stalking ex problems I would say the real issue within your phone is the ATK app itself, these are smartphones and will run processes in the backdrop. The more you try to intefere with these processes with task killers the more disconfigured your settings and performance will become

Uninstall ATK and do a hard reset/reboot of your phone and it should stop, you can even do a factory reset

shmoo

Reaction score
Try what tp76 said and if that doesn't work and your problems persist then I would go to vzw and ask for perhaps a new number or some sort of change to your accnt. That may work.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would do the hard reset, AND change your gmail password(s). The easiest was to mess with your contacts is through your email account on the computer, not messing with your phone. As far as the knowing what street you are driving down, I would bet you have a spy app on your phone. They are designed to "hide" from Task killers, and not show up in your app list.
Google