So my DROID say Bootloader 2c.7c

brettshort

Reaction score
Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB

When I turn on my phone and that's it. Does anyone know what I can do about this? I'm kind of in a bad situation because I cancelled my account with Verizon and went on my best friends account to help him with money cuz he worked at Verizon and now he's in the Army and I can't do much cuz it's an employee account. Any help would be much appreciated

hookerdj

Reaction score
some more info would help out like what you recently have changed or have done to your fone? what rom your running clockwork sp recovery stuff liek that? 2.1 2.2?

hookerdj

Reaction score
do you have your hand on the dpad when you hit the power button that is the only way to get to the bootloader screen

OP
B

brettshort

Reaction score
it's the first DROID that came out. when I press the "on" button the light that normally turns either green or red turns blue when it comes on. I'm only pressing that button. I got pushed into a fountain last night and it got soaked. I'm assuming that would be the problem but it's actually turning on so it confuses me a little. The power button is the only button I'm pushing

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
it's the first DROID that came out. when I press the "on" button the light that normally turns either green or red turns blue when it comes on. I'm only pressing that button. I got pushed into a fountain last night and it got soaked. I'm assuming that would be the problem but it's actually turning on so it confuses me a little. The power button is the only button I'm pushing

If your powering the device on while wet....most likely it's toast.

OP
B

brettshort

Reaction score

kinda what I figured. I left it pretty much taken apart in rice last night. Just confused that it actually turned on

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

kinda what I figured. I left it pretty much taken apart in rice last night. Just confused that it actually turned on

Rice doesn't work...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/8539-how-deal-droid-thats-gotten-wet-right-way.html

sir_phobos

Reaction score
Same Issue

I had the same thing happen to my phone. At first I thought something had fried in my phone as well. But after playing with it I was finally able to get it to boot properly. Turned out the issue was with the D-Pad itself. For some reason (I use my keyboard a lot, so it may just have wear and tear) my phone will occasionally freak out and think I am pressing the D-Pad left when I'm in fact touching nothing.

My fix:

1. Run your thumb roughly (and I mean roughly) around the D-Pad in circles and over the P, DEL, ?, RETURN, ., and SHIFT key.

2. Turn your phone on.

3. If you still see 2C.7C, start over.

Usually for me it takes between 5-10 cycles to finally get it to boot. After that I leave the keyboard closed and try not to reboot the phone unless absolutely necessary.

Best of luck.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sounds like water got into your key contacts, and it thinks you are holding D-Pad up.

djembeman

Reaction score
I get this too.

For some reason my certified new Droid (warranty replacement) gives me this error when I boot up while plugged in to USB:

Bootloader
2C.7C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

While unplugged or plugged into a power supply it boots normally. It's seems odd, but I guess nothing is wrong with it.

PhoebeAnn

Reaction score
Check the SD card

Somewhere I saw a thread about this problem that implicated the SD card. I removed the card and the phone booted normally, but with the [16GB] card in place, it got the bootloader failure. I tried formatting the card using my Windows 7 Home Premium desktop machine, and it crashed Windows Explorer. It did do a quick-format OK on my Win 7 Ultimate laptop, but the quick-formatted card still caused the phone boot failure. I then did a complete format on the laptop, and now everything seems to work. This is a new phone, but not under warranty (it's a long story), so I'm not sure I want to trust it yet, but it seems an easy way to get into the smartphone world without committing to anything for a couple of years.

dwd

Reaction score
I am now having this same problem, I have tried all of the above and I get nothing... my screen is broke but it has been for over a year now and my keyboard is missing 5 or 6 buttons but it has been too... I was just listening to Pandora at work earlyer and the phone restarted and came to this screen like the OP system was gone?

I think I was running buglessbeast v0.4? i know it was old with a black and gold theme from someone dunno. I messed with rooting/theme's about 2-3 years ago when I got the phone, it was fine since til today.

PhoebeAnn

Reaction score
I never truly solved this problem -- the phone remained intermittent to the end.