So my DROID say Bootloader 2c.7c

dwd

Reaction score
I'm going to mess with it when I have time. For the time being I'm back to rockin my Alias 2 that the speaker dont work on.

tobin46

Reaction score
Worked great - thank you

I can't believe it but this worked perfectly. I knocked over water on my bedside table and couldn't get the 2c.7c to go away. This worked great and my phone is back in working order.

I had the same thing happen to my phone. At first I thought something had fried in my phone as well. But after playing with it I was finally able to get it to boot properly. Turned out the issue was with the D-Pad itself. For some reason (I use my keyboard a lot, so it may just have wear and tear) my phone will occasionally freak out and think I am pressing the D-Pad left when I'm in fact touching nothing.

My fix:

1. Run your thumb roughly (and I mean roughly) around the D-Pad in circles and over the P, DEL, ?, RETURN, ., and SHIFT key.

2. Turn your phone on.

3. If you still see 2C.7C, start over.

Usually for me it takes between 5-10 cycles to finally get it to boot. After that I leave the keyboard closed and try not to reboot the phone unless absolutely necessary.

Best of luck.