CM6 RC1 and Nightlies

mattcrecelius

Reaction score
So are the newer nightlies more up to date than rc 1??

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Se7enLC

Reaction score
So are the newer nightlies more up to date than rc 1??

Yes, but don't use them unless you have a good reason to. :)

Good reasons might be:
- There's a specific fix that is being worked on that you really want to try out.
- You're having a problem and one of the devs told you it's fixed and in the nightly
- You *are* a developer working on CM
- You're active in IRC and are aware of possible issues.

A nightly build is an automated thing. It *might* contain the latest and greatest stuff with all sorts of new features over the last release (or release-candidate in this case). However, it's more likely to contain things that are half-working or untested, as the devs are still working on them. Some features that were previously working might be broken, if they are in the process of being improved or modified.

So go ahead and try a nightly build if you want to - but be aware that there could be any number of unknown undocumented problems. You won't even be able to find a changelog for that nightly build very easily, except for code-checkin comments. If you DO run into problems and try to get tech support, you'll probably get flogged once they find out you're running a nightly.

Arte Suave

Reaction score
7-13 nightly ran great for me. 7-14 not so much. Back to RC1 for now, because I didnt have 7-13 on my SD card when I had to get rid of 7-14

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Se7enLC said:
If you DO run into problems and try to get tech support

Then you stop immediately and remember that there is no support for nightlies. Zero.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Se7enLC said:
If you DO run into problems and try to get tech support you'll probably get flogged once they find out you're running a nightly.

Then you stop immediately and remember that there is no support for nightlies. Zero.

Yeah, you only quoted half of my sentence... :p I suppose I could have been more clear and said "you'll get flogged AND you won't get any help apart from telling you how to load the official released version"

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Se7enLC said:
If you DO run into problems and try to get tech support you'll probably get flogged once they find out you're running a nightly.

Yeah, you only quoted half of my sentence... :p I suppose I could have been more clear and said "you'll get flogged AND you won't get any help apart from telling you how to load the official released version"

:)

10char...

kprz24

Reaction score
When is the full version coming of cm6 or nightlies out and what is their to be expected in it

Last edited: