Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Anyone else having one? It fires up the voice dialer but it never says "speak now" or recognizes any input once the dialer loads. It worked under RC-1, RC-2, and RC-3, though RC-3 had the crappiest voice recognition of the three.

Voice Dialer Broken - CyanogenMod Forum

As you can see people are aware of the issue, and hopefully a fix is in the works, but I don't have the time to try to rip the .apk from the RC-3 update.zip at the moment. If someone has tried this or wants to try this, could they let me know how it goes? And maybe save me a little time and post a link to the .apk if they get it working? Thanks much!

OP
furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Confirmed working. Pulling the .apk wasn't too hard, but I missed a . during the copy phase. Pay attention to that . and you'll have no problem finishing the install.

gmmurphy

Reaction score
hello,

i have had issues with bluetooth dial with every rom, her voice is like fingernails on chalk board,and never works, dial amy, calling dave on mobile no prompt to bail. my razor understood my better than it did. is there away to rip that from the razor? my guess is not, it would have been done by now?

Last edited:
OP
furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Totally different OS on the Razr.

You might be able to change the voice in settings -- there's a whole thing on text to speech. I can't muck around in there now, but you might find something if you want to look. Let me know what you find if you do. :)

gertman

Reaction score
furbearingmammal,

Two word for you sir,

THANK YOU!!! dancedroid

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Bluetooth Voice Dialer Fix - CM6 Nightlies

Give this a shot if you have been having BT issues on CM6 Stable and Nightlies. I actually found this fix for UD8, tested it on that ROM, then cleaned it up a little, flashed the 9/26, 9/27, and now the 9/28 nightlies and have tested this fix on all three, and I couldn't break it. Here's the homework:

1. Download this and put it on your SD Card (VoiceDialerFix.zip) - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
2. Make Nandroid backup (just to be safe)
3. Flash this .zip from recovery console of your choice (I used Clockwork)
4. After you reboot, un-pair and re-pair your BT device.
5. BT Voice Dialing goodness shall ensue.

I didn't bother fixing permissions and everything worked fine - fix em if you want, I doubt it will break anything. Also, not necessary to wipe anything. If this doesn't work, let me know so I can throw myself down a few flights of stairs.

JasonD18

Reaction score
Thanks for the fix. Worked like a charm for my BlueAnt S4.

Unfortunately the voice recognition on the Droid itself is lacking.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App