CM Nightly using FRF22 yet?

Reaction score
I was using a CM nightly build almost two weeks ago and it was built off of FRG01B but I was wondering for anyone who is using a recent nightly build if it's built off the newer FRG22?

Last edited:

mightybrick

Reaction score
CyanogenMod is built from modified AOSP Source. In FRG22 and all those other builds floating around are built from AOSP by Motorola, and were built weeks ago. In other words, anything you get from CM is newer than FRG22, especially the nightlies.
When you see FRG01 in the About>Phone area, that is simply the fingerprint given to the build so the market will display the correct apps for you.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
CyanogenMod is built from modified AOSP Source. In FRG22 and all those other builds floating around are built from AOSP by Motorola, and were built weeks ago. In other words, anything you get from CM is newer than FRG22, especially the nightlies.
When you see FRG01 in the About>Phone area, that is simply the fingerprint given to the build so the market will display the correct apps for you.

That's good to know, thanks.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The correct apps and if it's going to try to send an update to you. CM blocks them, but it could still be an issue if it keeps downloading onto the phone.

C10H15N

Reaction score
The Build Number "Fingerprint" of CyanogenMod-6-08292010-NIGHTLY-Droid is FRG22D. :blackdroid:

Note: Some of us are experiencing kernel issues with the last few nightly builds (I load a P3 LV kernel in order to boot) please research before flashing.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
The Build Number "Fingerprint" of CyanogenMod-6-08292010-NIGHTLY-Droid is FRG22D. :blackdroid:

Note: Some of us are experiencing kernel issues with the last few nightly builds (I load a P3 LV kernel in order to boot) please research before flashing.

What about the 6.0 stable release? Is it possible to use the REvolution theme on it?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

What about the 6.0 stable release? Is it possible to use the REvolution theme on it?
Look at the Dev's listing for it. You can't just apply a theme over a ROM it's not designed for, so the Dev will tell you if you can or not. :)