chrome to phone question

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a big difference in the version that comes with Sapphire, and the one on the market? Would it be worth it to get rid of the one I have in order to get the one that is on the Market?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a big difference in the version that comes with Sapphire, and the one on the market? Would it be worth it to get rid of the one I have in order to get the one that is on the Market?

I am not an expert on these ROM's but if it's free from the Market then it's the exact same thing.

Brilliant the Devs are indeed. But I think when it comes to freebie stuff like that they just sort of include it.

OP
ukyfan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I am not an expert on these ROM's but if it's free from the Market then it's the exact same thing.

Brilliant the Devs are indeed. But I think when it comes to freebie stuff like that they just sort of include it.

Works for me. I was just wondering in case there was an update, or something since right now per the Market I do not have it installed and will not get an update (if one were to be released).

kevev99

Reaction score
There is an update in the Market. Apparently the install/update fails under Sapphire. You will have to fully remove the Chrome to Phone installed with Sapphire. Take the following steps:

1. Launch "Terminal Emulator" under "Dev Tools" app
  2. Type "su" without the quotes
  3. Type "rmapk chrome" without the quotes

The above will fully remove the default app installed with Sapphire. However, I found I am still having issues with the install of the updated version from the Market. Looking for the apk file itself to do a push to see if that works.

droib

Reaction score
After a while of not using it, I tried to use chrome to phone yesterday and it FC'd the first time and then stopped working until I reinstalled it. Then the same thing.

I was having another problem anyway so I just wiped and reinstalled everything from scratch (without recovering system settings from Ti, etc.), now I have a completely stock, virgin sapphire 1.1.1 system.

I can download chrome to phone fine, and set it up fine, but now it doesn't do anything at all. It's running in the background but I'm not getting any notifications/links. I've tried this from FireFox and Chrome so it's not a desktop browser issue.

Anyone else see this?

jimholcomb

Reaction score
After a while of not using it, I tried to use chrome to phone yesterday and it FC'd the first time and then stopped working until I reinstalled it. Then the same thing.

I was having another problem anyway so I just wiped and reinstalled everything from scratch (without recovering system settings from Ti, etc.), now I have a completely stock, virgin sapphire 1.1.1 system.

I can download chrome to phone fine, and set it up fine, but now it doesn't do anything at all. It's running in the background but I'm not getting any notifications/links. I've tried this from FireFox and Chrome so it's not a desktop browser issue.

Anyone else see this?

I saw this starting a few days ago. First I tried wiping the data using Titanium Backup and it would FC when it received a link. Then I restored from a backup 7 days ago and that fixed it.

droib

Reaction score

Anyone else see this?

I saw this starting a few days ago. First I tried wiping the data using Titanium Backup and it would FC when it received a link. Then I restored from a backup 7 days ago and that fixed it.

What version is working for you? I've currently got 2.1.0, I don't know when it last updated but it looks like I've got various backups.

jimholcomb

Reaction score
What version is working for you? I've currently got 2.1.0, I don't know when it last updated but it looks like I've got various backups.

2.0. Interesting - I use TB to backup every night and I just restored from the earliest backup I had - from last Saturday. That was version 2.0 and Thursday morning's backup was 2.1 so I guess that's when it broke.

droib

Reaction score

2.0. Interesting - I use TB to backup every night and I just restored from the earliest backup I had - from last Saturday. That was version 2.0 and Thursday morning's backup was 2.1 so I guess that's when it broke.

2.0 isn't working either for me. However I just applied a theme, so I'll revert back and reinstall 2.0 and see if anything changes. A little annoying, this is.

droib

Reaction score
Just an update, chrome to phone 2.0 is not working for me on a freshly-installed 1.1.1 system. I just tried downloading the current release (2.1.0) from the Market and that doesn't work either (as before). By not working I mean the program is running, it's just not giving me any links/notifications. I'm not sure what else to try.

captdroid

Reaction score
Latest chrome to phone ver2 from the market working fine for me with Sapphire 1.1.1. I use firefox 'fox to phone' to send links.

droib

Reaction score
Thanks captdroid for putting in your experience. It's useful to know that this is not a real bug, now I just need to figure out why it's not working in my case.

jimholcomb

Reaction score
I upgraded tonight to 2.1 from the market and did not receive any of the 3 web pages I sent from Chrome, I went back to 2.0 and it's working again.

captdroid

Reaction score
I upgraded tonight to 2.1 from the market and did not receive any of the 3 web pages I sent from Chrome, I went back to 2.0 and it's working again.

I am running 2.1 and working for me at least sending links from Firefox using 'fox to phone'

captdroid

Reaction score
Thanks captdroid for putting in your experience. It's useful to know that this is not a real bug, now I just need to figure out why it's not working in my case.

Your welcome. Perhaps something wrong with google account login on the pc or droid side.