Chrome 2 Phone Removed on Restart

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by ZooMob, Aug 18, 2010.

1. ZooMob

ZooMob New Member

All - I have Sapphire 1.0 and i removed chrome 2 phone using terminal emulator and restarted the phone. Then I installed version 2 from the market and it installed successfully.

Now when I rebooted my phone, chrome 2 phone is gone!. I had to reinstall it again and I rebooted again to see if it would be removed, and it was.

Anyone might know what could be causing this?

I also removed the default browser app during this time also using scriptybox.
  2. mjones73

mjones73 New Member

No issues here, can you confirm the market downloaded apk is missing from /data/app? I believe it's com.google.android.apps.chrometophone-1.apk
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. ZooMob

ZooMob New Member

UPDATE: I finally got it working after deleting, updating, copying, etc...not sure exactly what i did..but it works now with the reboot!

---------

I dont see the chrome2app file under a /data/app/

I have the old version 1 under the /system/app folder but i had it renamed to a backup file so that I can install version 2 from the market...

I added the default browser back to see if that would be the issue but it still removes even after reboot....maybe i have to stick with the version 1.0 that came with Sapphire...?
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010