Can't uninstall chrome to phone and reinstall the new one

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
I installed gapps with sapphire 1.0 and it came with an older version of chrome to phone. I am unable to uninstall it. I removed the apk file from the system folder using root explorer but it won't let me install the newer version. I tried to install the new one from the market directly over the old one and it got an unsuccessful install message. What else can I do?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed gapps with sapphire 1.0 and it came with an older version of chrome to phone. I am unable to uninstall it. I removed the apk file from the system folder using root explorer but it won't let me install the newer version. I tried to install the new one from the market directly over the old one and it got an unsuccessful install message. What else can I do?

When you removed the apk, did you reboot?

OP
The_Other_Ray

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
No I did not. And that is exactly what I had to do. Now I installed the latest version of chrome to phone.

Thanks for the big help.

Dash1b

Reaction score

When you removed the apk, did you reboot?

Bingo... what pdroid said... I did the same thing with rmapk and the new one wouldn't install until I rebooted.