Voice Search will not install

OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score
Might have to clear the application cache.

How would I go about this?

i had to delete 2 apks in /system/app before it would install on my nephews phone, they were voicesearch.apk and VoiceSearch.apk. not sure why there was 2 but either way it worked.

No luck, it did not find voicesearch.apk installed

More ideas will be welcome.

More good info to read

Thank you!

GirLuvsDroid got it right with her instructions....

su
sysrw
busybox rm system/app/ChromeToPhone.apk
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.chrometophone
cd..
cd..
sysro

captdroid

Reaction score

More good info to read

Thank you!

I think this is what you're referring to -- in terminal, use VoiceSearch.apk and com.google.android.voicesearch instead of the ChromeToPhone items:

su
sysrw
cd system/bin
cd..
cd..
sysro

I added the first part of her instruction :)

OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score
thanks, I was totally trying out the new app when I figured i better report back and give credit where due.

NOW.....

*GROWL*

I am not sure why and have been searching a bit for the answer (I might just go ahead and reinstall Sapphire again after this) Voice commands are not working, just search. I cannot "navigate to" "send text to" "send email to" or anything, it all comes up as a search in Google, how do I go about getting it to obey!

OBEY DAMN YOU!

Help again?

captdroid

Reaction score
thanks, I was totally trying out the new app when I figured i better report back and give credit where due.

NOW.....

*GROWL*

I am not sure why and have been searching a bit for the answer (I might just go ahead and reinstall Sapphire again after this) Voice commands are not working, just search. I cannot "navigate to" "send text to" "send email to" or anything, it all comes up as a search in Google, how do I go about getting it to obey!

OBEY DAMN YOU!

Help again?

Could be the new google voice search / voice actions not working as you had hoped. Doesn't do much for me... lol but works ok I guess. Anyhow, check out the official google online demo and info in this blog: Google Voice Search

OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score
Did it the ?hard? way. Went and reflashed Sapphire 1.0 and installed Voice Search first thing. Works fine now, all commands being recognized and such.

Thanks all for the help.

captdroid

Reaction score
Did it the ?hard? way. Went and reflashed Sapphire 1.0 and installed Voice Search first thing. Works fine now, all commands being recognized and such.

Thanks all for the help.

Voice search call [contact] etc works badly.

OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score

Thanks all for the help.

Voice search call [contact] etc works badly.

Eh... I am not having much issues with it now after I reinstalled Sapphire. The only issue I have come accross thus far is that Voice Command does not like Eliot Stocker music mod. It requests that I download a compatible music player from market. So far I can live with that.

HeathCliff

Reaction score
OZFive - I'm still not that proficient - or less proficient than I thought!

My Voice Search/ Google Search both are unsuccessful. I saw your instructions, but can you please write it out in more detail for those like me who don't understand - a step by step - of the guide to fixing it that starts with SU - I don't even know what program that is ....

More good info to read

Thank you!

su
sysrw
cd system/bin
cd..
cd..
sysro

OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score
OZFive - I'm still not that proficient - or less proficient than I thought!

My Voice Search/ Google Search both are unsuccessful. I saw your instructions, but can you please write it out in more detail for those like me who don't understand - a step by step - of the guide to fixing it that starts with SU - I don't even know what program that is ....

I would be happy to do so for you.

BUT...

That method I used did not solve my problem fully, a lot of the commands that linked to various programs did nto work. I finally went and reinstalled Sapphire and installed Voice Search right away.

Working now, so all I can do is this quick reply, I will get it set out for you when I get off today if you like, but I do not hold high hopes that it would do what you want after following those instructions.

HeathCliff

Reaction score
Thanks for the note. I'm using JRummy Kangerade. I'm thinking of just doing a data wipe, but not really up to it. Heath - hc at roadrunner dot com

OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score
Download Terminal Emulator for the Market

Launch Terminal Emulator

Type in exactly what follows...

su
sysrw
busybox rm system/app/VoiceSearch.apk
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.google.android.voicesearch
cd..
cd..
sysro

Boom!

Should work now to install!

HeathCliff

Reaction score
Very generous of you. It speaks very well of you. Thank you so much. It worked. However no matter what I do, I can't uninstall Google Search. Driving me crazy!

Auslegung

Reaction score
Here's what worked for me.

Using Root Explorer (if you don't want to pay, just download it, follow these steps, then uninstall it for a refund, but you'll only be able to do that ONCE), 1) go to /system/app/ 2) click "Mount R/W" in the top right, 3) long click on VoiceSearch.apk, 4) click "Delete," 5) click "Mount R/0" in the top right, 6) reboot phone.

I'm not sure if you actually need to click "Mount R/0" before rebooting, but that's what I did and it worked fine for me. Google suggests that if you want the new commands it'll help if you also download the new search bar. I had the exact same problem installing it as I did installing voice search, so follow the same steps above but delete googlesearch.apk or whatever it's called. To save time, delete them both, THEN reboot your phone.

After you've rebooted your phone, go to Market, seach for "Voice Search" and "Google Search" and download them. Then, hate google for making this some #*$# difficult!

OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score
(if you don't want to pay, just download it, follow these steps, then uninstall it for a refund, but you'll only be able to do that ONCE)\

Kind of a bummer thing to do to the Dev, Root Explorer is not THAT expensive.

No offense meant to you Auslegung for suggesting it.

Root Explorer...
chart

Auslegung

Reaction score
OZFive, I understand what you're saying but this is good advertising for the app, plus if people use it for this reason and are impressed with the UI, easibility, etc, then they're more likely to keep it, or remember it next time when they need something similar. And besides, this is a totally legitimate use of the refund system; buy it, try it, refund it if you a) don't need it b) don't like it.