chrome to phone question

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
im having the same issue, anyone figure out how to fix it?

It use to work, now it doesnt. I had 2.1 installed, i reverted back to 2.0 and still does not work. It installs fine, it is running on my phone fine, and i have cleared the data for the app, and it still does not get any link sent to my phone?

captdroid

Reaction score
im having the same issue, anyone figure out how to fix it?

It use to work, now it doesnt. I had 2.1 installed, i reverted back to 2.0 and still does not work. It installs fine, it is running on my phone fine, and i have cleared the data for the app, and it still does not get any link sent to my phone?

Try clearing cache and data for chrome to phone app on the droid?

OP
ukyfan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After I installed 1.1.0 and installed C2P version 2.1 everything seems to work fine with me. I too am using Fox to Phone on my PC. I had an issue a few days ago to where I had to log back in to my goggle account on my PC for it to work, but other than that I have had no issues what so ever.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have no idea why mine stopped working, its not that big of a deal since i dont use it that often, but its nice to have when I am ready to use it. hopefully either myself or someone will figure out a fix for those of us who are having issues, or atleast why some of us are having them?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
got chrome to phone working for me again...atleast for now.

I completely unistalled c2p, removed the apk I had in the system folder and then cleard my dalik cache. then i reinstalled it from the market and it seems to work now. it took a few minutes to actually show the link on my phone, but my phone got it

droib

Reaction score
got chrome to phone working for me again...atleast for now.

I completely unistalled c2p, removed the apk I had in the system folder and then cleard my dalik cache. then i reinstalled it from the market and it seems to work now. it took a few minutes to actually show the link on my phone, but my phone got it

I just tried doing exactly that and still no luck with any version of c2p. In my case I'm thinking it's got to be some other app I have installed stepping on its toes, it's just kind of hard to test with Google automatically restoring market apps when I try a fresh install... Does anyone know if deleting all my apps, doing a fresh install for testing and then restoring everything from TB is a safe move from the standpoint of market links, etc?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
to prevent google from automatically restoring market apps just skip the account sign in when you first load the rom. just create an update.zip for TB and install that in recovery so you can restore all your apps on your own. a fresh data/cache wipe might do the trick

jimholcomb

Reaction score
to prevent google from automatically restoring market apps just skip the account sign in when you first load the rom. just create an update.zip for TB and install that in recovery so you can restore all your apps on your own. a fresh data/cache wipe might do the trick

When you create your TB backup, do you create it as a User or System application?

droib

Reaction score

Thanks for the idea, however I'd need to sign in to see if c2p works, which would start an automatic app recovery. I think I'll just start deleting apps until none are left and then do a batch restore from TB.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks for the idea, however I'd need to sign in to see if c2p works, which would start an automatic app recovery. I think I'll just start deleting apps until none are left and then do a batch restore from TB.

once you restore all your apps using TB you can sign in your google account and the market wont try to auto download your apps cuz you already installed them. this is if you want to see if just doing a clean data/cache wipe will fix your problem before you go trying to uninstall them one by one to see if that fixes it.

also, I heard of an app called linkpush that does something similar to what c2p does. ive never tried it out so i cant speak on it, but you might want to look into that also,

@jimholcomb. I create the update.zip with TB as a user app, but i dont think it matters. making it a user app will make it easier to receive updates from the market, im not sure what benefits there are to making it a system app though

dberezin

Reaction score
Was having the same problem with C2P...sent links but nothing showed up on my phone (using Chrome browser). When I first tried to disconnect phone in C2P, it wouldn't let me. I then cleared data and removed the application then downloaded from the Market.

Completed the setup and it's alive and well and working again!