Bricked.

OP
blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
so what do i do? go to verizon? what phone do i get? but its rooted? will they know?

i need my phone! lol..

do i get an incredible or something?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't know what they may replace it with, but if it won't boot at all they won't know its rooted. They will try the same things you did tonight and if it won't boot with a fresh battery its dead. At this point root is a moot issue. This sounds like a hardware issue, seems like something shorted out. I would just take it in and explain what happened....and they should be able to replace it under warranty.

Sent from somewhere...

UNC

Reaction score
I don't know what they may replace it with, but if it won't boot at all they won't know its rooted. They will try the same things you did tonight and if it won't boot with a fresh battery its dead. At this point root is a moot issue. This sounds like a hardware issue, seems like something shorted out. I would just take it in and explain what happened....and they should be able to replace it under warranty.

Sent from somewhere...

Just FYI when I first got my droid at launch it had a faulty headphone jack, I rooted it and toyed with it anyway. I returned it under warranty with the Superuser app right there and noone said a word.... Now I know they aren't "supposed" to take it, but lets be honest here, they don't care. The contract is ALL they care about.

I've also returned a charger cable that I was spinning around like nunchuka and got messed up. No cost, no questions.

Oh, and to the OP. Sorry, but your Droid is toast.

OP
blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
ahhhh if i go to verizon tomorrow will they give me a phone on the spot? i need my phone...

i think ill get a droid 2 for the 1...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Have to see. They should replace it. With what....can't say. Let us know how it goes though.

Sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Warranty replacement should be right there on the spot......key word "should."

Sent from somewhere...

lloyd2398

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that they wont give you a automatic upgrade, as they have full stock on the original droids, sorry. Now they are even giving the D1 as a new contract and for a 2 year contract it cost 99.00 for the phone, on a possitive side you will have it next day if you called 611 before like 5:00

OP
blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
well. semi good news i was about to leave for verizon when i tried to connect it again via usb to my pc. the charging led came on. and i held up on the dpad and the computer recognized it and so does rsd lite. but it just says usb and not the device that the droid is.... but it kind of recognizes it... help on what to do next?

OP
blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
got it! forgot to do the add characters trick to the sbf name. its flashing now.... lets hope for some good newsssss :D