Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Several weeks ago I rooted. Installed SS4.7. I use ADW and installed y0rk's ADW theme. Every once in a while I would have to re-apply the y0rk theme as it would seem to disapear. About 3 days ago I installed SS 4.8 with 1.1 low volt kernel. Everything was fine, no problems what so ever. Yesterday I noticed the battery was staying at 100%, all day. This morning I re-applied the y0rk theme. The phone shut off and wouldnt make it past the "M" logo screen. Now it will not turn on. I appreciate any help

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
**Update: When I posted my problem, my phone was on the media dock with 100% battery showing. That seemed understandable since it was charging all night. But the 100% batt. showing all day Tuesday seemed wrong. The setCPU profile showed it plugged in even though it wasn't. I called Verizon from the office. He asked if it would come on when plugged in. I said no. Anyway, when I got home to the phone it still wouldn't turn on. Before I call Verizon back I tried plugging it in to the A/C power. It turned on and booted up just fine showing the batt. at 10%. I guess it had a brain fart. There has been a few times where I would put the phone in my pocket with it showing 80% batt. and take it out a few minutes later with it showing 20%. I could reboot and it would correct itself. ****If any newbies read my 1st post thinking it was bricked from rooting it, it was a dead battery (maybe dirty contacts)so dont let me scared you off . If I had to get another Droid, I would have rooted the day I got it. No doubt.dancedroid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Maybe some dirt in the usb port.......I do wish it had a cover.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the otterbox case covers all your ports. It is the best investment IMO.

arogers

Reaction score
phone really wont turn on

My screen stays black and lit up after the M logo disappears and wont turn on.

I updated to Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC5 today successfully and tried installing the NexTheme for it. During the reboot I got a little blue android CM logo that would appear in the middle of the screen for 5-10 seconds. This logo flashed until I took the battery out, and came back each time I tried turning it on.

This is where I got stupid.. I booted into clockwork recovery and did a factory reset. Now the screen just stays blank and lit up whenever I turn it on. And to top it off I didnt make a nandroid backup. Is there any hope for my phone?

Ripper27

Reaction score
Rsdlite and sprecovery.sbf then go online and flash some downloaded recovery, maybe. I'd try it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

arogers

Reaction score
That's actually what I ended up doing and it worked. Flashed back to 2.2 and got the OTA update for frg22d almost immediately. Thanks