Phone wont turn on

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by CJM, Sep 29, 2010.

1. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +609
    Several weeks ago I rooted. Installed SS4.7. I use ADW and installed y0rk's ADW theme. Every once in a while I would have to re-apply the y0rk theme as it would seem to disapear. About 3 days ago I installed SS 4.8 with 1.1 low volt kernel. Everything was fine, no problems what so ever. Yesterday I noticed the battery was staying at 100%, all day. This morning I re-applied the y0rk theme. The phone shut off and wouldnt make it past the "M" logo screen. Now it will not turn on. I appreciate any help

2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +609
    **Update: When I posted my problem, my phone was on the media dock with 100% battery showing. That seemed understandable since it was charging all night. But the 100% batt. showing all day Tuesday seemed wrong. The setCPU profile showed it plugged in even though it wasn't. I called Verizon from the office. He asked if it would come on when plugged in. I said no. Anyway, when I got home to the phone it still wouldn't turn on. Before I call Verizon back I tried plugging it in to the A/C power. It turned on and booted up just fine showing the batt. at 10%. I guess it had a brain fart. There has been a few times where I would put the phone in my pocket with it showing 80% batt. and take it out a few minutes later with it showing 20%. I could reboot and it would correct itself. ****If any newbies read my 1st post thinking it was bricked from rooting it, it was a dead battery (maybe dirty contacts)so dont let me scared you off . If I had to get another Droid, I would have rooted the day I got it. No doubt.dancedroid

3. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +222
    Maybe some dirt in the usb port.......I do wish it had a cover.

4. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,655
    the otterbox case covers all your ports. It is the best investment IMO.

5. arogers

arogers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    phone really wont turn on

My screen stays black and lit up after the M logo disappears and wont turn on.

I updated to Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC5 today successfully and tried installing the NexTheme for it. During the reboot I got a little blue android CM logo that would appear in the middle of the screen for 5-10 seconds. This logo flashed until I took the battery out, and came back each time I tried turning it on.

This is where I got stupid.. I booted into clockwork recovery and did a factory reset. Now the screen just stays blank and lit up whenever I turn it on. And to top it off I didnt make a nandroid backup. Is there any hope for my phone?

6. Ripper27

Ripper27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rsdlite and sprecovery.sbf then go online and flash some downloaded recovery, maybe. I'd try it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

7. arogers

arogers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's actually what I ended up doing and it worked. Flashed back to 2.2 and got the OTA update for frg22d almost immediately. Thanks

Search tags for this page

i installed a kernel now my phone wont turn on

motorola i1 boost that wont turn on

motorola i1 wont turn on