Bricked.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Well. i was sitting there playing with my SS 4.8 droid in the lock screen just doing random passwords with the dots. and bam. it said rebooting. in the middle of nowhere. and then it rebooted to the droid eye and just froze. a neverending bootloop. so i restored to a previous nandroid and then reinstalled 4.8. and it seemed to work except my 3g didnt work for like 10 minutes. and everytime i turned the phone to the side to landscape mode. it froze and i had to turn of the screen and turn it back on. then i rebooted it and found that the screen was missing the boot up screen. no moto logo. no eye. just a black lit up screen. held x, no recovery.

i cant do anything. literally

HELP.

i believe i am officially bricked.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can you get to the bootloader?? Power+up on d-pad?

Sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Have you tried turning it on while plugged into the wall?

Sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Does the led by the usb port come on?

Sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Couple things....either your battery is completely dead or its fried. Neither are unheard of. I don't think you did anything to cause this. Do you have access to another battery?

Sent from somewhere...

OP
blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Actually im with a guy who has a droid. i tried his battery. does the same thing.

see it turns on. but doesnt boot or show the logo. it just lights up the screen black. but not off.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well....sounds like something shorted then. If switching batteries doesn't work then it is probably dead in the water. Like I said I don't think there's anything you did, sounds like a hardware problem. Only thing to do is take it in and get a replacement. It should still be under the 1yr manufacturers warranty.

Sent from somewhere...