Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

bhall238

Reaction score
I've had Zagg since my BB Storm. Expensive, but they are 100% what they market. I've had one on my OG Droid since 11/09 and haven't had any problems, obviously no scratches, haven't had to take it off and put on a new one. I trust em

100% with you on this. I've had the Zagg on my OG Droid from day one and never had to replace it; looks as good as the first day. I'm having Best Buy put it on tomorrow. It's a little more expensive, but they are a lot better at it than I am.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm using an SGP Ultra Crystal from my Droid X. Looks pretty good. Doesn't cover 100% of the screen but it covers more than enough since the case covers the edges.

Doostur

Reaction score
I got the one from the Verizon store. I think it was 12.95 but I got it at 35% off. Debating if I want a case... its already bulky as is. May go with one of the protective skins or just be nakid.

Purgatoiry

Reaction score
I ordered a 2 pack of seidio, they keep separating from the screen on the bottom. Guess i'll wait till more reviews of the other brands start coming in.

bananie

Reaction score
I just bought and installed a zagg screen cover, but there are 2 lines that go across the screen. One is 1/2 inch from the top, and the second is an inch from the bottom. It's very noticeable on on light colors and kind of annoying. It's makes it look like thin lines of glare.

Has anyone else experienced this? And will zagg replace the screen for this type of defect?

hawgpapa

Reaction score
Put my Zagg yesterday - I think you have a flawed protector. Have had 6 different Zaggs for various cameras, phones, etc. Never any lines. I bet they will take care of you.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Sara77

Reaction score
I went to BB on Friday and bought a zagg and took it back the next day after applying it because of an annoying line and they replaced it and offered to put it on for free. LOVE this protector, not a single bubble or blemish under it - can't go wrong!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

georgek

Reaction score
I'm using an SGP Ultra Crystal from my Droid X. Looks pretty good. Doesn't cover 100% of the screen but it covers more than enough since the case covers the edges.

Does it just cover the viewable area of the screen? How much does it cover from the top and bottom?

Beka27

Reaction score

Does it just cover the viewable area of the screen? How much does it cover from the top and bottom?

On my screen it is flush against the top, about 1 millimeter on the bottom is open. Maybe a half mm exposed left and right. They have to cut it slightly smaller for ease of placement. So not just the viewable display, the surrounding black is also protected...

(from Beka's DX)

georgek

Reaction score
Just ordered the Ultra Clear screen protectors.

ironhorse

Reaction score
I will be purchasing a stienheill ultra clear.

Sent from my T-bolt.

lexthemonsta

Reaction score
You guys should check out Clear Protector. It comes with a 30 days money back guarantee. It's a bit pricey but haven't had any issues with them. I rocked one on my OG Droid and when I took it off it looked like a brand new phone. I ordered one for my new TBolt.

sammyboy405

Reaction score
I got the Verizon branded ones. Seems to work alright. Verizon rep even installed it for me. She was a hottie and got It on perfectly. No bubbles and straight as an arrow.

Sent via my HTC Thunderbolt.

MailboxHead

Reaction score
No such luck on my Verizon screen cover - I gave in to "impulse" shopping and got it there. All they had were DroidX covers that they said would work. They don't (and there are bubbles all over it but they said they'd "work themseleves out" when I requested they redo it). The one I had for my Incredible was from Verizon and was fine, but I'm having lots of problems with this one about 18 hours in. Ordered a Steinheill and can't wait for that to come! :)