Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Accessories' started by guitarchris123, Feb 16, 2011.

1. merpaderp

merpaderp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maaan... now you guys got me on the fence. I was gonna go all Seidio with protector/case/battery cuz I'm a lazy jerkstore. Now I'm all curious about the Stein's.

(Mind you, I'm still gonna go with Seidio's battery...)

2. AlexSB

AlexSB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I just received my Steinheil Ultra Crystal and I would love to put them on but there's just one problem....NO TB!!?!!?!?!!?!!?! I still can't believe that my screen protectors (shipped by the post office) came before my Thunderbolt (Fedex). I ordered both on the same day at pretty much the same time, maybe 5 minutes difference, and the USPS stomped on Fedex.

3. sms160

sms160 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For anyone having trouble deciding which screen protector to use, I highly recommend the steinheil ultra crystal. No bubbles and you can't even notice that its on there. They might be a tad pricey, but they are worth it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

4. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using stock from the Verizon store. Working perfectly justlike with the Incredible.

5. screwuguys

screwuguys New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After debating back and forth for a bit on which to get I went with Steinheil Ultra Crystal. It's awesome. Extremely happy with it. Super clear. Thanks for this thread as am a newbie when it comes to smart phones and wouldn't have had a clue to what kind of screen protector to get.

6. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have the steinheil ultra fine. Might have to try the crystal clear now. :D

7. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the fine too, debated trying the crystal for a while as well. How are you liking it so far? I like the anti-fingerprint and anti-glare that you get with the fine, as I tend to leave finger marks behind on my other devices with protectors (old phones, ipods, etc.). I heard that the crystal can get smudges on it and has kind of a shiny glare to it, even though it is super clear and looks naked otherwise. The only time I can tell I have a protector on with the fine is with the screen off, but I actually like the look of it and I was initially worried because it has that matte finish. It is the clearest and cleanest matte finish you will find, and I am very pleased with it, best protector I've ever had. Application was so easy, I usually have a bubble or flaw of some sort when I do it, got it with no dust on the first try. It was not great for outdoor use with the screen turned down though, so I downloaded Brightness Level widget (by Curvefish) to quickly toggle to different screen levels depending on location (since I did not want to use Auto).

#55 guitarchris123, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  8. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I let the guy at the verizon store put an anti-glare on for me. At first I was very disappointed. Didn't like at all. LOL But when I got home yesterday and took my D1 and bolt outside I could see the Bolt a lot better. As I work and spend a lot of time outdoors. I think I will like this anti-glare.:)

9. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I'm torn as well, I followed your advise initially on the screen protector :p. I really love the matte surface, super smooth, the only issue I have with it, it's not as see through as I hoped for.

" Anti Finger screen protector is matte type hard film which resists against fingerprints, and smudges, but it is less clear compared to other Steinheil screen protectors."

I had to return my first bolt so I'm on my last screen protector. I might just spring for the Crystal, can't believe I'm complaining on a freaking screen protector :D

10. bananie

bananie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed the Steinheil ultra clear on my phone, and it's amazing. It feels like there's nothing on the screen at all. The protector isn't a perfect fit, but it's barely noticeable. Using it will still leave some finger smudges/streaking, but definitely not as much as when the phone is naked. I somewhat wish I would have ordered the oil resistant protector.

I tried a Zagg protector last week, but I didn't care for the rubbery feel of the protector at all. It made the screen way too grippy. The screen also had manufacturer defects (horizontal lines).

I would advise you guys to purchase a screen protector. When I was installing the Steinheil and wiping the screen down, I noticed a small scratch on my screen. I can only see it at a certain angle, so it's not so bad. I take very good care of my phone, and was pretty surprised when I realized it was a scratch (phone goes in a quilted case thing before it goes in my purse, etc.). So watch out to all you people going naked!

11. Kack

Kack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i found a link on twitter last night that htcpedia was giving screen protectors away with free shipping. i hopped on it quickly and ordered 1 it is back ordered but free is free. i also bought a Steinheil ultra crystal protector comes with 2 for 10.99 with free shipping from sgpstore.com but with 4-7 days shipping. i dont mind the lil wait to save $5 shipping. ive always had zagg but after reading the reviews for the Steinheil protectors i figured id give it a shot.

12. trebb

trebb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a bodyguardz kiosk in the mall right by me, so I had them install it for me. It was $25 with installation. I'm actually kinda bummed I got it... I used to have these on all my old non-touchscreen phones, but didn't really need one with the DX/D1 because of the gorilla glass.

I'm not really sure I like the rubbery feel of this one. I'm going to keep it on for a week or two and see if I get used to it. If not, off it goes and I'll order one of those Steinheil ones.

Search tags for this page
htc thunderbolt screen protector review
is anyone having trouble with zagg screen covers for the nex
screen protectors for thunderbolt
should i use a screen protector on my htc thunderbolt

thunderbolt screen protector

thunderbolt screen protector dry application
what other screen protectors can i use for thunderbolt?
what screen protectors will fit thunderbolt