best screen protector for bionic

magicman11

Reaction score
I'm looking for a screen protector that doesn't mess with the screen at all or mess with proximity sensor, I want it to look like there's no screen protector there and the screen look regular. Which one should I get? Preferably not anti-glare as the screen already is anti-glare without a protector. Preferably something that is fingerprint resistant.

DrZenga

Reaction score
I just got the expensive ones from vzw. The woman was kind of pushing it on me so i just got 'em. I don't think they're all that, but i don't know much about screen protectors.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
Two words...Gorilla Glass.

The Bionic, like the OG Droid, comes with Gorilla Glass. I never used a screen protector on my OG and I don't plan on getting one on my Bionic. I dropped my OG numerous times on pavement and never had a ding on the glass. The metal surrounding the glass was all scuffed up, but the glass didn't have a blemish.

In my opinion, you're wasting your money purchasing the screen protector.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I ordered one from Skinomi and I really like it. They fixed the cutout so now it fits much much better on the screen and doesn't block the proximity sensor. After putting it on, it doesn't look or feel like anything is on there; it's perfect. It's a wet application like Zagg, but the texture is much better; it doesn't have that tacky gummy feeling at all. You just have to make sure to smooth out EVERYTHING, even after you think you got all the bubbles out. Keep going over it and dabbing it with a cleaning cloth until you got all the liquid out or you'll get the orange peel effect. The first time I applied it, I stopped once I got all the bubbles out, but when it dried after a day or so it looked like crap. They sent me another one with the cutouts and I took my time and got all the liquid out and it's been a week and it looks pristine. And it's made in the USA and cheap, two things I like :biggrin:

jayman350

Reaction score
I wrote a review of the screen protectors I bought from Amazon, sums up my experience w/ Bionic screen protectors
http://www.amazon.com/review/R22MTM...e=UTF8&ASIN=B004LCBC46&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=

I used a screen protector on my D1 for a majority of the time, then I got sick of using them so I went w/o. Guess what, about a week after I stopped using them I got a scratch in the top right corner of the screen. It wasn't big, but it was there and it was enough to drive me crazy. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant not scratch proof, in fact you are much more likely to get a scratch from a spec of sand or tiny piece of grit than you are to get one from dropping it or attacking it w/ a key (standard demo for gorilla glass).

It isn't a necessity, but its cheap insurance your your new device, to each his own.

LBrooks

Reaction score
I picked up the Steinheil Ultra Cystal screen protectors - there's a cutout for the earpiece and the front cam ... I haven't had any issues with the proximity sensor at all! None - nada - zip ... It fits the full screen (up to the bevel) - I applied it very easily - no bubbles - there are 2 in a pack ... Ordered from Amazon (ordered through Amazon - shipped and sold through SGP - be aware and specific that's how you order - there are a couple of other third party sellers out there) ... I ordered the Ultra Crystal. No degradation in quality / color at all. They're a little more than a lot of screen protectors you see for $1.99, etc (the Steinheil are $13.99 for 2) - but they're very much worth it.

I carry my phone with me everywhere - and I carry it with me generally in my hand (with my keys) - once in a while I shove it in my purse - sometimes I stick it in my back pocket ... they screen protector thus far has no marks on it from keys - none (I''m surprised) ...

They got here really quick ... I chose expedited delivery (it was inexpensive - $4.00 I think?) and they got here in 3 days I think ??? I knew if I ordered from SGP store through Amazon they would exchange them if I had any problems.

Regardless of what case I have on my phone - or no case - or whatever - I *always* have a screen protector ... Gorilla glass is nice, but is more resistant to breakage than scratches I think ... Besides - just when you get comfy and think nothing will go wrong - it always does right ??? ;)

HTH

If you want to see what it looks like on my phone I'll upload a pic ...

mdotytx

Reaction score
I bought some screen protectors from Verizon....got annoyed with them...so I don't use them anymore. The gorilla glass doesn't need a protector :icon_ banana:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I second that, I own the HTC Incredible which has Gorilla glass, used to use and wasted lots of money on screen protectors, for the last six months have used nothing to protect the screen, this Gorilla glass is the real deal, not one scratch on the screen, I just use a cotton it microfibre towel to clean it, again, if your phone comes with Gorilla glass don't waste your money on screen protectors.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

dmacarth

Reaction score
+1 steinheill crystal
-1 skinomi (looks awesome for about a week)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums