Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Accessories' started by guitarchris123, Feb 16, 2011.

1. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The bubbles do come out, you just have to work em out. These screen protectors are not meant to be removed. Once it's removed, it's done,throw it away since it looses his adhesive like you just experienced. You don't have bad luck, your learning.

2. georgek

georgek Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed it the same way they did in the Steinheil website. Check it out if you didn't see it already. If you get bubbles just use the squeegee and work them out. Hope this helps.

3. JRunner01

JRunner01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK... maybe I am learning ... :), but what about the orange tab that wont come off easily leaving sticky residue. When I try to peal it off it peals off the screen protector. If I try to come at it from another angle it just leaves behind that white sticky stuff like when you peal a label off just about anything. :icon_cussing: Perhaps there is something worng with my batch with regard to this tab?

4. bananie

bananie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't watch the Steinheil video, but I followed the basic instructions on the packaging.

This is what I did:

1. lay the protector on phone to measure where you need to place the protector for optimal results
    2. peel off 1/4 of the adhesive protecting film
    3. line up the protector with top of phone (leave a tiny bit of space on the top if you want the bottom to be flush)
    4. press down on the very top of the protector (~.5 - 1 inch of the protector sticking on the screen)
    5. take the squeegee and push down as you pull the rest of the film away slowly
    6. squeegee out corner bubbles

I had zero bubbles in the middle of my screen.

5. georgek

georgek Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it upside down? I didn't have any problem peeling off the top protective layer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

6. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is even a picture on the back of the packaging that shows the proper method of installation. Good luck!

7. JRunner01

JRunner01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok lets see if I make more sense :)...

There is a backing sheet that has a blue or green tab that you use to pull off that backing sheet, while holding the orange tab on the actual screen protector, so you dont get finger prints on it and you can handle it.

That orange tab then has to come off once you finish installing the screen protector. It doesnt come off easily and either peels up the screen protector if I try to peel it off and leaves a whitish residue like those typically found under stuck labels.

8. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The orange tab is used to peel off the cover that is affixed to the screen protector. It's never suppose to be on the actual cover.

9. JRunner01

JRunner01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well on mine it was reversed, the orange was affixed to the front of the screen protector and its stick side was up against the backing sheet which had a green or blue tab on it used to pull them apart.

10. JRunner01

JRunner01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also if the Orange tab was on the backing sheet as on yours, then your screen protector must have had the blue or green tab on its surface that has to come off after you apply it to the phone. Either way there is a tab on the outside surface of the screen protector that must come off after installation, that on mine doesnt come off easily.

11. dmproske

dmproske Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't have any sort of screen protector on my Droid 1. I let it ride in my wife's purse one day and it got a nasty scratch on it from keys. For my tbolt I installed the steinheil ultra crystal. I am 100% happy with it so far. It fit perfectly with no.bubbles. I wiped the screen down with a alcohol cloth first then got ALL dust specs off it. No bubbles. They all cleared out with the squeege. It's very smooth I can't tell its on there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

12. Viper Daimao

Viper Daimao Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page
htc thunderbolt screen protector review
is anyone having trouble with zagg screen covers for the nex
screen protectors for thunderbolt
should i use a screen protector on my htc thunderbolt

thunderbolt screen protector

thunderbolt screen protector dry application
what other screen protectors can i use for thunderbolt?
what screen protectors will fit thunderbolt